These healthy energy bars will be your new bestie when hunger strikes!
- Blend the dates in a food processor until they form a paste.
- Melt the peanut butter in a small saucepan or microwave and add it to the food processor, along with the vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt. Pulse until well combined.
- Add the puffed quinoa, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and chopped almonds and pulse just until everything is combined. (Do not overmix!)
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper and transfer the bar mixture into the pan.
- Use your hands to press the mixture down evenly into the pan.
- Place in the fridge to set for 2 hours.
- Remove and cut into bars.
- Store bars in a container in the fridge.
You can use natural or creamy peanut butter for these bars You want to make sure your Medjool dates are fresh and sticky. If they are dry, soak them in hot water for 2 minutes, then drain and proceed with the recipe. Add any additional mix in you like to these. Chocolate chips, dried fruits, or nuts!
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 12g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: healthy granola bars recipe, homemade energy bars