These Puffed Quinoa & Nut Bars are no-bake and perfect for a healthy snack!
- Soak the dates in warm water for 5 minutes then drain. Add the dates, peanut butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt to a food processor.
- Puree for 1-2 minutes until everything is mixed together, scraping down the sides of the food processor as you go. The mixture should be sticky.
- Add in the puffed quinoa, almonds, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds
- Pulse the mixture just until everything is incorporated. Don’t overmix it! You want to have pieces of nuts and puffed quinoa visible after mixing.
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment or wax paper and press the mixture evenly into the pan with your hands. Place in the fridge for 2 hours to set.
- Cut into bars and store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Make sure to use Medjool dates in this recipe. They are bigger and stickier than regular dates and will help bind the bars together.
If your dough doesn’t feel sticky enough, try adding 1 tbsp of almond milk to the dough and pulsing together until combined.
Press FIRMLY when adding the bars to the pan to make sure everything sticks together!
You can use natural or creamy peanut butter in this recipe
Can’t find puffed quinoa? You can substitute it with puffed rice.
If there are any additional mix-ins you love, feel free to add them in! These would be delicious with some chocolate chips, dried blueberries or shredded coconut
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 12g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: puffed quinoa, raw granola bars, no bake vegan bars