This Pumpkin Pie Smoothie is a healthy breakfast smoothie that tastes just like a pumpkin pie!
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 bananas, frozen
- 2 Medjool dates, (pits removed)
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice* (see note to make your own)
- 1/2 cup yogurt of choice (I used coconut)
- 1 cup almond milk
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend.
- Add more or less almond milk if needed to get the texture you like in a smoothie.
- Spoon the coconut yogurt at the bottom of two glasses, then pour the smoothie on top. Use a spoon to swirl the yogurt with the smoothie.
These two aren’t the same (pumpkin pie filling is loaded with sugar and other ingredients, pumpkin puree should have only pumpkin on the list of ingredients)
To make homemade pumpkin spice mix: 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/4tsp ginger, 1/8th tsp cloves.
Use FROZEN bananas, not fresh. Frozen bananas help the smoothie blend up to be thick and creamy.
You can add the yogurt directly to the smoothie rather than swirling it on the bottom if you prefer.
Adjust the amount of almond milk as needed-depending on the size of your bananas you may need slightly more or less almond milk to get the texture you like in a smoothie.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 270
- Sugar: 28g
- Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: how to make a pumpkin smoothie, vegan pumpkin smoothie