These Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes are perfect for the Fall or Holidays and taste just like your favourite drink!
- 1 cup flour (or 1-1 gluten-free flour)
- 1/3 cup One Degree Organic sprouted rolled oats
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax seeds mixed in 6 tbsp water)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp almond milk (or any milk)
Pumpkin spice buttercream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl and the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and gently fold togetehr until no clumps remain.
- Spoon the batter into the cupcake pan filling no more than 2/3rds of the way full and bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- To make the frosting, beat the non-dairy butter in a mixer for 2-3 minutes until fluffy, then slowly add the powdered sugar one cup at a time, mixing together well before adding each cup.
- Next add the pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract and whip together until light and fluffy.
- Use a piping bag to pipe the icing onto the cupcakes.
Make sure to use pumpkin puree (also called “pure pumpkin”) and not pumpkin pie filling. Pumpkin pie filling is filled with sugar and other ingredients, while pure pumpkin is just pumpkin.
Don’t overfill the cupcake moulds. The cupcakes will expand as they bake. Only fill them 1/2-2/3rds of the way full. If you overfill them you’ll end up with batter overflowing from the pan.
Let the cupcakes cool completely before icing to prevent the icing from melting on the cupcakes.
Use room temperature non-dairy butter for the icing and whip it up well in the mixer before adding the sugar. Using cold butter can cause there to be little lumps in the icing.
Store on the counter for a day or in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1 cu[cake
- Calories: 350
- Sugar: 25g
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: vegan pumpkin cupcakes, vegan cupcakes, pumpkin cupcakes