Raw vegan raspberry cheesecakes that are gluten-free, and refined sugar-free
- 2 cups raw cashews (soaked overnight, rinsed, and drained)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup raspberries
Raw icing (optional)
- In a food processor blend the almonds and Medjool dates together until it forms a sticky dough. (if your dough isn’t sticky enough to bind together, add a couple more dates.
- Press the dough into the bottom of a silicone cupcake mold and set in the fridge while you prepare the cheesecakes
- Blend the raw cashews, coconut milk, maple syrup, lemon juice, coconut oil, and vanilla together in a high-speed blender until smooth and creamy. Pour half the mixture into the cupcake molds, leaving the rest to make the raspberry layer.
- Add the raspberries to the blender and blend until smooth. Add the raspberry layer on top and place in the freezer.
- Let freeze for 4 hours then remove from freezer and serve
- To make the raw icing, blend all the icing ingredients together in a blender until smooth. Scoop into a bowl and place in the fridge to firm up for 2 hours. Put in a piping bag if desired and pipe onto the cheesecakes
- Serve these frozen or let them thaw for 10 minutes for a creamy texture.
- Store these cheesecakes in the freezer.
- To make an “ombre” color effect, add 1/4 of the raspberries for a pink layer, and then the rest of the raspberries for a darker pink layer.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 512
- Sugar: 26g
- Fat: 37g
- Saturated Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 9g
Keywords: healthy dessert, raw vegan, raspberry cheesecake