This red lentil curry is SO tasty and comes together in under 30 minutes for a delicious healthy vegetarian dinner!
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1-inch cube ginger, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 cup red lentils, rinsed
- 1–2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (gluten-free if needed)
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 1/4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- Heat the olive oil in a pot on medium-high heat then add the onion ginger and garlic and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the carrot and celery and cook for 5 minutes until all the veggies are tender.
- Add in the lentils, red curry paste, maple syrup, soy sauce lime juice and vegetable broth and mix together.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and let simmer for 15-20 minutes until the lentils are tender.
- Serve with fresh cilantro.
Don’t cook the veggies on too high heat. You don’t want them to brown too much. Cook on medium-high or if your stove runs hot on medium heat.
Make sure to rinse the lentils well before adding them to the curry. Red lentils can be bitter if they are not properly rinsed. Rinse them in a strainer until the water runs clear.
Start with 1 tbsp of red curry paste then add more as needed. Some brands may be spicer than others, so if you don’t like it too spicy, start with less and add more as needed.
- Serving Size: 1/6th recipe
- Calories: 184
- Sugar: 4.5g
- Sodium: 400mg
- Fat: 4.5g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 10.5g
- Protein: 9g
Keywords: how to make red lentil curry, curry with red lentils, vegan curry with lentils