This Roasted Sweet Potato Hummus is light and creamy and packed with sweet potato flavour!
- 1 cup sweet potato, peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes)
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Toss the cubed sweet potato and olive oil together and roast in the oven at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- Drain and rinse the can of chickpeas and remove the skins by gently rolling the chickpeas in a clean kitchen towel. The skins will naturally come off.
- Discard the skins and add the chickpeas, sweet potato, tahini, garlic, olive oil, salt, paprika, cumin, cayenne and lemon juice to a food processor and blend for 1 minute, scraping down the sides as needed.
- With the food processor running, slowly add the water and let everything blend for another minute or until smooth and creamy.
- Serve with crackers, pita chips cut up veggies or whatever you like!
This helps the potato develop a sweet and caramel-like flavour which will add great flavour to the hummus.
Make sure to remove the skins of the chickpeas. It’s an extra step but makes ALL the difference with homemade hummus. Removing the skins is what will make your hummus smooth.
Make sure to use COLD water as stated in the recipe. It’s important it’s cold because this helps the hummus to whip up smooth and creamy.
If you find your hummus is too thick, simply blend in an extra couple tbsp of cold water until it is the consistency you like.
- Serving Size: 1/12th of recipe
- Calories: 100
- Fat: 7
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: hummus with sweet potatoes, homemade sweet potato hummus