Popcorn with sea salt and lime zest
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- zest of one lime
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp of the coconut oil in a pot over medium-high heat.
- Lower the heat to medium and add in 1 kernel of popcorn. Once the kernel pops, you know the oil is hot enough to add the rest.
- Add the remaining kernels and cover the pot, shaking occasionally. (This will prevent the bottom kernels to burn)
- Once all popped, turn off the heat and add the remaining 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, sea salt and lime zest.
- Serve immediately.
If your kernels aren’t popping, raise the heat a couple notches.
Adjust and add more salt to your taste.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 134
- Sugar: 0g
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: homemade popcorn, Salted margarita popcorn