- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup cooked red kidney beans
- Heat the oil in a skillet on medium-high heat, then add the onion and garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Next the spices and mix all together for 1 minute until evenly coated.
- Add the rice, crushed tomatoes, vegetable stock and kidney beans and bring to a boil, then cover and let simmer on low for 30 minutes.
- Once done, fluff the rice up with a fork.
Use fresh onion and garlic in this recipe. These will help build up a lot of flavours in the rice and beans!
Use a good quality veggie stock. Since the rice will absorb the flavour from the stock, you want to start off with a really good-tasting stock!
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 268
- Sugar: 4g
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: Spanish rice, Spanish rice and beans, Mexican rice