This tofu is baked to crispy perfection and topped with a creamy & spicy peanut butter sauce. Serve over noodles or rice.
- 1 pack extra-firm tofu
- 1 tsp tamari
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (can sub arrowroot powder)
Peanut butter sauce
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, melted
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (omit if you don’t like spice)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 green onion, finely chopped
- rice noodles or rice to serve
- Cilantro, green onion, and peanuts to top (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Using a couple paper towels, press down on the tofu and squeeze out as much water as possible. (*This step is important to help get the tofu crispy!)
- Chop the tofu into cubes then toss in a bowl with the tamari and olive oil and then the cornstarch until all the pieces are evenly coated.
- Spread out the tofu on the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, flipping the tofu cubes halfway through.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together. Set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan and add the garlic and green onion cooking on medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Add the tofu and the peanut butter sauce tossing everything together until evenly coated.
- Serve with rice or noodls and top with cilantro and crushed peanuts.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 220
- Sugar: 5g
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: baked tofu, tofu with peanut butter, crispy tofu