These Superfood Granola Bars are loaded with nuts, seeds, oats and dates for a healthy and filling no-bake bar you’ll love!
- 2 cups medjool dates, pits removed* (see note)
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup almond butter (the runny kind is best)
- handful of 70% dark chocolate chips or chunks
- Puree the medjool dates in a food processor to make a date paste.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl, then add the date paste and almond butter.
- Use a large spoon, spatula or your hands and mix everything together until incorporated.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix them in.
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper and spoon the mixture into the pan. Use your hands to evenly press it down into the pan.
- Place in the fridge to set for 4 hours, then remove and cut into even bars or squares.
- Store in the fridge.
Medjool dates should be soft and sticky when fresh. If your dates feel dry, soak them in a bowl of hot water for 5 minutes, then drain and proceed with the recipe. It’s imortant that your dates are sticky in this recipe otherwise the bars will fall apart.
Make sure to use medjool dates in this recipe. They are bigger and stickier than other types of dates.
The mixture for the bars should feel sticky when you press it between your fingers. If the mixture feels dry, you may need to add more almond butter or date paste.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 150
- Sugar: 16g
- Fat: 5.6g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: healthy granola bars, no bake granola bars