This Sweet And Sour Tofu is made with crispy baked tofu cubes tossed in a sweet and sour sauce! Top it off with some green onions and sesame seeds.
- 1 block firm or extra-firm tofu
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice (from a can or carton)
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tbsp cornstarch mixed in 1 tbsp cold water
- Sliced green onions
- Sesame seeds
- Rice to serve with
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Using some paper towel, press down on the tofu and squeeze out as much water as possible.
- Cut the tofu into cubes then toss it in a bowl with the olive oil and cornstarch
- Spread the tofu cubes on the baking sheet so that none of the cubes are touching each other, and bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- While the tofu bakes, prepare the sauce by mixing the sauce ingredients together in a bowl.
- Heat the sauce in a pan on medium-high heat until it comes to a slight bubble and starts to thicken slightly
- Add the tofu cubes to the pan and toss together until the sauce is thick and the tofu cubes are coated.
- Serve on it’s own or with rice and top with green onions and sesame seeds.
Flip the tofu cubes halfway through baking. This will help them get crispy on both sides.
Make sure to heat up the sauce in the pan so it thickens before you add the tofu. This is how you get all the tofu cubes nicely coated.
Serve right away. This dish is best eaten immediately, otherwise, the tofu loses its crispiness.
Serve with rice, rice noodles, or on its own.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 10g
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: sweet and sour tofu recipe, asian tofu recipe, Chinese tofu recipe