This Thai quinoa salad comes together in less than 30 minutes for a delicious healthy meal!
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup steamed edamame beans
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1 large handful basil leaves, chopped
- 1 large handful cilantro leaves, chopped
Creamy sesame ginger dressing
- Mix all the quinoa salad ingredients together in a large bowl. Set aside while you prepare the dressing.
- Mix all the salad dressing ingredients together in a small bowl or small blender until smooth and creamy. If you’re dressing is too thick, add a bit more water.
- Pour the dressing onto the quinoa salad and mix together unitl combined.
Let the quinoa cool completely before adding it to the mixing bowl. Hot quinoa will make all the veggies hot.
When making the salad dressing, look for traditional tahini that is runny, not a tahini spread. Runny tahini will be much easier to blend up into a dressing. If your dressing is too thick, simply add a couple of tablespoons of water and mix together.
If you want to make this recipe for meal prep, store the salad and the dressing separately and mix together when you’re ready to enjoy to maximize freshness.
- Serving Size: 1/6th recipe
- Calories: 300
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 200mg
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: Quinoa salad recipe, thai salad recipe, healthy quinoa recipe