Thai Red Curry Soup
- 1–2 tbsp Thai red curry paste* (depending on strong you want it!)
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 6 cups vegetable broth,
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (*can use fish sauce for non-vegetarian and more “traditional” taste)
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 large handful cilantro, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 red chillies, chopped
- 1 pack of rice noodles
- Start by heating your red curry paste and grated ginger in a large pot on medium heat. Mix together until you can smell the aroma.
- Add your chicken broth, and coconut milk. Stir everything together and bring to a boil.
- Once boiled, reduce heat to medium and add your honey, soy sauce, and lime juice.
- Allow soup to simmer on low heat for at least 10 minutes. (or up to 30)
- Taste your broth, and adjust according to your taste. If you prefer more salty, add more fish sauce. If you prefer more citrus, add more lime.
- Boil your rice noodles in a pot of hot water and drain.
- Garnish your soup with rice noodles, cilantro, green onion, and chilies.
- Serving Size: 1/6 recipe
- Calories: 260
- Sugar: 6g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: Thai Red Curry Soup, vegan thai curry recipe, how to make red thai curry soup