Perfectly moist and loaded with apple flavour, these vegan apple crumb muffins are simply delicious!
- ¾ cup quick oats
- 1 1/4 cup spelt flour (can sub. regular flour)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup avocado oil (or vegetable oil)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax+6 tbsp water)
- 1 cup almond milk with 1 tsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups apples, peeled and finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and like a muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Start by preparing the flax eggs. Mixing 2 tbsp ground flax in 6 tbsp water and allowing to sit and ‘gel’ for 5 minutes.
- Next prepare your “buttermilk” by mixing the almond milk and 1 tsp of white vinegar together, allowing to sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix together oats, spelt flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, ginger powder, nutmeg, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl mix together the avocado oil, maple syrup, flax eggs, almond milk mixture, and vanilla extract
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until combined.
- Next fold in the chopped apples.
- To prepare the crumb topping, mix the chopped walnuts, oats, flour, oil, and sugar together in a small bowl until combined.
- Fill your muffin pan with the batter, and top each muffin with the crumb topping.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 247
- Sugar: 20g
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: how to make vegan muffins, vegan apple recipes