These bars are SO good! Creamy and swirled with blueberry flavour!
- 1 cup Medjool dates (pits removed)
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside
- Blend all the base layer ingredients together in a food processor until well combined. The mixture should be sticky when you touch it. If it’s not, add a few more dates.
- Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the pan and place in the fridge while you prepare the cheesecake layer.
- Blend the cashews, coconut milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla extract together in a high-speed blender or food processor until smooth and creamy. (I blend for 60 seconds in a Vitamix)
- Scoop out half the mixture into a bowl and set aside.
- Add the blueberries and blueberry jam to the remaining mixture and blend until well combined.
- Using a spoon, add spoonfuls of the lemon cheesecake and blueberry cheesecake randomly into the pan.
- Use a knife to swirl together and create a marble effect.
- Place in the freezer for 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 5 minutes before serving
Fresh Medjool dates will be sticky and bind together well. If you’re dates feel dry, you may need to add more dates.
Store these cheesecake bars in the freezer.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 254
- Sugar: 16g
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: vegan cheesecake with cashews, raw cheesecake recipe