Vegan chocolate chip muffins
- 2 tbsp ground chia mixed with 6 tbsp water (chia egg)
- 1/2 cup almond milk with 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/5 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup mashed banana (about 2 small bananas)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup almond meal (ground almonds)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour blend+1/2 tsp xantham gum (or regular flour)
- 2 handfuls chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375, and spray a muffin tin with oil
- Add 1/2 cup almond milk to a small bowl, add the apple cider vinegar, and stir until combined.
- Next add the baking soda to this mixture and stir again. set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine your chia egg, mashed banana, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract whisking until combined.
- Add your almond milk mixture to the wet ingredients and mix again.
- Add your salt, oats, almond meal, shredded coconut, and gluten-free flour mix to wet ingredients, gently mixing until combined.
- Stir in your chocolate chips.
- Divide your batter into muffin tins until about 3/4 of the way full, and top with more chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 392
- Sugar: 19g
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 51g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: Vegan chocolate chip muffins, vegan muffin recipe, how to make muffins