Vegan Chow Mein is packed with vegetables and ready in just 20 minutes for an easy dinner!
- 250 grams vegan chow mein noodles (can sub spaghetti noodles)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (or vegetable oil)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage (or nappa cabbage)
Stir fry sauce
- Cook the noodles according to package directions in a pot of boiling water. Drain and set aside.
- Prepare the stir fry sauce by mixing all the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Heat the avocado oil in a large pan on medium-high heat, then add the green onions, garlic, carrots, pepper and cabbage and saute for 4-5 minutes until the vegetables start to soften.
- Lower the heat to medium then add the noodles and the stir fry sauce to the pan mixing everything together until combined. Let the noodles cook for 1-2 minutes to become slightly crisp on the bottom.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
This recipe makes 2 large servings or 4 smaller servings.
Store leftovers in a container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Don’t overcook the noodles before adding them to the stir-fry. The chow mein noodles will continue to cook slightly when being stir-fried, so make sure they are just slightly undercooked before adding them to the pan.
Mix the stir fry sauce ingredients together. While you can technically add each sauce ingredient directly to the pan separately, by mixing the sauce ingredients together you’ll get more evenly coated and seasoned noodles.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 300
- Sugar: 5g
- Fat: 10.7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 6.8g
Keywords: vegetable chow mein, vegan chow mein, chow mein with vegetables