These vegan coffee cake streusel muffins are the perfect snack to enjoy with an afternoon cup of coffee or tea!
- 1 3/4 cup whole grain spelt flour (can sub regular flour, gluten-free flour…etc.)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (can sub cane sugar)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted (can sub vegan butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 flax egg ( 1 tbsp ground flax mixed in 3 tbsp of water, let sit for 5 minutes to gel)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin pan with paper liners
- Mix the flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix the almond milk, oil, vanilla extract and flax egg together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until combined.
- To make the streusel topping, using your hands or a fork mix the topping ingredients together until crumby
- Sprinkle the topping onto the muffins.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes until golden brown, or a toothpick comes out clean.
Feel free to add any chopped walnuts or chocolate chips to these muffins.
If you are using a gluten-free flour blend, I’d recommend adding 1/2 tsp xantham gum to the recipe as well.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 267
- Sugar: 22g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: vegan muffin recipes, healthy coffee cake recipe