A super soft and moist vegan gingerbread bundt cake that’s perfect for the holidays!
- 3 cups gluten-free flour (or regular flour)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 3/4 cup coconut oil (solid)
- 1 cup organic dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Chocolate glaze: (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, mix the coconut oil and brown sugar together until combined and fluffy.
- Then add the molasses, applesauce and almond milk one at a time mixing until everything is combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients, 1/3 of the mixture at a time while mixing on low, then once incorporated mix on high until everything is well combined.
- Grease your bundt pan with vegetable shortening, and then sprinkle with a light dusting of cocoa powder to prevent your cake from sticking.
- Fill the bundt pan and bake for 40-50 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for exactly 10 minutes, before flipping your cake out of the pan.
- To make the chocolate glaze, melt the coconut chips and coconut milk together then pour on top of the cake once cooled.
This cake is DELICIOUS with no glaze at all. You can also sprinkle a light dusting of powdered sugar on the cake or serve it with fresh fruit.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 389
- Sugar: 29g
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 59g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: Vegan bundt cake recipes, healthy gingerbread cake recipe