This Vegan Kimchi Mac and Cheese is for all the kimchi lovers out there! This pasta is creamy, tangy and will make your tastebuds dance!
- Blend the cashews, water and nutritional yeast together in a high-speed blender for 60 seconds until smooth.
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a pot on medium-high heat. Add the garlic and let cook for 1 minute, then add the kimchi and let cook for another minute.
- Pour the cashew “cheese” sauce into the pot and mix, letting cook for 1-2 minutes until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and mix in the macaroni, sriracha, salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
, NOT toasted cashews. Roasted cashews won’t work in this recipe.
When buying kimchi, check the label to make sure it is vegan if needed. Some brands can contain shrimp paste.
Looking for a nut-free alternative? You can use coconut cream instead of cashews. Simply use 1 cup of coconut cream (from a can) mixed with 1/2 cup of water. Mix with the nutritional yeast.
The sauce will look very thin when starting, don’t worry, it will thicken up a lot the more you cook it.
This recipe is best enjoyed immediately. If preparing ahead of time, prepare the sauce and pasta separately, then mix together in a pot right before serving.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 300
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 12g
Keywords: mac and cheese with kimchi, vegan mac and cheese