These Vegan Oatmeal Pancakes are perfect for a healthy breakfast or brunch!
- 1 tbsp One Degree Organics Ground Flax Seeds
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup One Degree Organics Sprouted Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour (with xanthan gum in it, or you can sub regular flour)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (can sub any neutral tasting oil)
- Oil for frying
- Mix the ground flax seeds with 3 tbsp of water and set aside. The mixture should turn into a gel in 5 minutes.
- Blend the oats in a food processor or blender until smooth, then mix with the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix the almond milk, maple syrup, avocado oil and the flax mixture together until combined
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together just until combined.
- Heat some oil in a large pan on medium heat then pour a scoop of the batter into the pan letting cook for 2-3 minutes or until little bubbles start to form.
- Flip and cook for 2 minutes on the other side.
- Serve with fruit, maple syrup or whatever you love!
. Whole flax seeds won’t work. The flax and water should have a “gel” texture after it sits for about 5 minutes. If it doesn’t you may have added too much water.
Don’t overmix the batter! This is what causes dense pancakes. Mix just until combined. A few small clumps are okay.
Don’t cook the pancakes on too high of a heat. If you do, the outsides of the pancakes will cook too fast while the inside will remain raw.
If you prefer a more chewy oaty texture, you can skip out on blending the oats into oat flour and leave them whole.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 303
- Sugar: 5.5
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 6.6g
Keywords: oatmeal pancakes, vegan gluten-free pancakes