A delicious stir-fry noodle dish made with curry powder and rice vermicelli noodles!
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (can sub any cooking oil)
- 2 shallots, finely chopped (can sub 1/2 red onion)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 block of firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 2 green onions, chopped into 1-inch peices
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinely sliced
- 5 ounces vermicelli noodles
- Heat the avocado oil in a wok or non-stick pan then add the shallots on medium heat. Let cook for 2 minutes then add the garlic.
- Push the shallots and garlic off the the side of the pan, and add the tofu, letting cook on medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes on each side until browned. (If needed, add a bit of extra oil.)
- Next add the green onions and pepper and mix everything together, letting cook for 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and add the vermicelli noodles and sauce to the pan, using tongs or two spoons to toss the noodles in the pan.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately. Top with extra sliced green onion if desired.
Look for a pack of vermicelli where the noodles aren’t too tightly packed together. This will give you noodles that will come apart more easily.
You can also use a thicker vermicelli, or any type of rice noodle you love in this recipe.
Press your tofu between paper towels before cooking to get it extra crispy.
Adjust the sauce accoringly. If you have slightly more noodles, you may need to add a bit more soy suace or spices to your dish.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 450mg
- Fat: 8.4
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: singapore noodles, mei fun noodles, vegan noodles