This Vegetable Lo Mein comes together in under 30 minutes for a quick and easy weeknight dinner!
- 1–2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 2-inch piece of ginger, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup snow peas
- 2 cup spinach
- 5–6 ounces chinese egg noodles, or gluten-free spaghetti if needed (*use spaghetti for vegan option), cooked.
- 1 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce (*use tamari for gluten-free)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp coconut sugar (can sub regular sugar)
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1–2 tbsp water or vegeteable stock as needed
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan, then add the green onions and ginger and let cook on medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Next add the garlic, carrot, pepper and snow peas and mix everything together, letting cook for another 2-3 minutes until the veggies are tender, then add the spinach and mix until wilted.
- Add in the noodles and sauces and stir until everything is mixed together. If the noodles stick to the pan a bit, add 1-2 tbsp of water or vegtable stock to help deglaze.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Preheat the pan before adding the oil and vegetables. This will help prevent the veggies from sticking to the pan, and also ensure that the pan is super hot, giving it a nice sizzle similar to a wok.
Slightly undercook the noodles before adding them to the pan. The noodles will continue to cook as they stir-fry, so if you cook them completely before adding them to the pan, you’ll end up with slightly overcooked noodles.
Always taste and adjust accordingly. Depending on exactly how many veggies and noodles you use, you may end up needing slightly more sauce. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed before serving. (You may just need a tiny extra splash of soy sauce!)
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 280mg
- Fat: 4.6g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: healthy stir fried noodles, healthy lo mein, vegetarian lo mein