These are the best vegetable dumplings!
- 1/2 brick tofu
- 3 cups nappa cabbage
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 large carrots
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 2-inch cube of ginger
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1 pack round dumpling wrappers
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red chilli flakes (optional)
- Chop the tofu, cabbage, cilantro, and carrots into large pieces and add to the food processor. Pulse a few times to combine.
- Next add the garlic and ginger, and pulse until combined
- Heat the avocado oil & sesame oil in a large skillet on medium high heat. Add the scallions stirring for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the dumpling stuffing from the food processor. Season with soy sauce and black pepper. Give your stuffing a taste, if it needs more soy sauce you can add some more.
- Remove the stuffing from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- To stuff the dumplings, set a small bowl of water on the table alongside your wrappers, and stuffing.
- Take one dumpling wrapper. Dip the tip of your index finger in the water and rub it along half of the dumpling wrapper. (You want to make moisten just the rim of half the wrapper, making a half-moon shape)
- take a small spoon of your stuffing and place it in the middle of the wrapper.
- Gently fold the dumpling in half pressing down the ends so it is sealed.
- *Optional: you can make little ruffles on the edges of the dumplings my making little folds throughout the top)
- Repeat until all the dumplings are made.
- To cook the dumplings place them in a steamer and steam for 3-5 minutes, or until the wrapper is nice and soft.
- To prepare the dipping sauce mix all the sauce ingredients together in a dish.
- *You can also boil the dumplings in hot water for 2-3 minutes, or pan fry them in 2 tbsp of oil for 3 minutes/side.
- Serving Size: 1 dumpling
- Calories: 193
- Sugar: 2g
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: Vegetable steamed dumplings, vegan dumplings, healthy asian recipe