A healthy pot pie loaded with veggies and topped off with a puff pastry crust!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 3 tbsp chickpea flour (can sub regular flour)
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup lentils, cooked
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp herbs de Provence
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 sheet of puff pastry (vegan if needed)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat, then add the onions and let cook for 2 minutes until translucent.
- Next, add the garlic, carrot and celery and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the chickpea flour and milk, mixing until everything is combined.
- Add the vegetable broth, potatoes, peas, lentils and seasoning and mix everything together.
- Cover and let simmer on medium-low for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Fill little ramekins, or a big baking dish 3/4 of the way full with the filling, and then top with puff pastry.
- Bake for 30-35 until golden brown.
If you want to make your puff pastry nice and shiny, use an egg wash or aquafaba wash on top of it. Store any leftovers in the fridge for up to a week.
- Serving Size: 1 pie
- Calories: 356
- Sugar: 6g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 43g
- Fiber: 15g
- Protein: 14g
Keywords: How to make vegetarian pot pies, pot pies with puff pastry