These Veggie Pot Pies are easy to make and topped off with a delicious puff pastry crust!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 3 tbsp chickpea flour (can sub regular flour)
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp herbs de Provence
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 sheet of puff pastry (vegan if needed)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat, then add the onions and let cook for 2 minutes until translucent.
- Next, add the garlic, carrot and celery and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the chickpea flour and milk, mixing until everything is combined.
- Add the vegetable broth, potatoes, peas, lentils and seasoning and mix everything together.
- Cover and let simmer on medium-low for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the puff pastry into circles large enough to cover the top of the ramekins. (You can use a knife, a round cutter, or the rim of a glass to cut the pastry)
- Fill little ramekins, or a big baking dish 3/4 of the way full with the filling, and then top with puff pastry.
- Bake for 30-35 until golden brown.
If you want to make your puff pastry nice and shiny, use an egg wash or aquafaba (the liquid from the can of chickpeas) wash on top of it.
Give the pot pie filling a taste before adding it into the ramekins. Sometimes some batches of veggies are more flavourful, or the broth you use may have less sodium than others, so taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
Use a round cutter to cut the puff pastry into a circular shape. You can also use the top of a glass and press it down into the puff pastry. This is optional, and you can also just cut the pastry into squares and drape it on top of the ramekins.
You can make this recipe into a large pot pie if you prefer. Just cover a round pie dish (8-10 inches) with puff pastry and make until golden brown on top.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 356
- Sugar: 6g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 43g
- Fiber: 15g
- Protein: 14g
Keywords: How to make vegetarian pot pies, pot pies with puff pastry, vegetable pot pie, veggie pot pie