Grain-free almond flour brownie with a cashew matcha mint frosting
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (can sub regular sugar)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or agave
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the almond flour, coconut sugar, cocoa powder and baking powder together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla together in a bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into your pan and spread evenly.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes. To test if your brownies are ready, stick a toothpick in the brownies. the toothpick should come out (mostly) clean.
- To prepare the frosting, add all the frosting ingredients to a highspeed blender and blend until smooth. You may need to scrape down the edges a few times as you blend so everything gets incorporated.
- Store the frosting in the fridge and frost right before serving.
The frosting will oxidize and become discolored if left out of the fridge too long. Store the frosting in the fridge and ice the brownies right before serving.
Using vanilla instead of mint in the frosting is equally delicious!
I’ve also tried this recipe using 1/4 cup almond butter and 1/4 cup of coconut oil which turns out great too!
I haven’t tested this recipe with flax eggs, but if you do, let me know how it turns out in the comments below!
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 320
- Sugar: 16g
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: gluten-free dessert recipe