These almond flour brownies with matcha mint frosting are grain-free and dairy-free treat packed with cakey chocolate goodness! Top them off with dairy-free cashew frosting loaded with matcha flavour!
Ok guys, today we’re doing brownies!
And not just any brownies…almond flour brownies with matcha mint frosting.
I’ve been working on this recipe all week trying to get it to be absolutely perfect!
This recipe actually took me a good 3 tries before finding my groove and coming up with these babies. (PSA: the first batch came out terrible!)
I actually tried using quinoa in the first batch which I couldn’t get to rise properly and I pretty much ended up with a chocolate brick. Then I decided to let the past go and move on from the quinoa and give almond flour a try.
Almond flour is light, fluffy, and makes an awesome gluten-free, grain-free substitute or regular flour. These brownies have a nice mix between a fudgey and cakey texture and are pretty moist and fluffy. One thing you need to be sure of if you want soft tender brownies is to add enough oil.
I used coconut oil for this recipe but you can feel free to substitute avocado oil, or even melted butter if that’s your jam.
Let’s take a closer look at these brownies.
These almond flour brownies with matcha mint frosting are:
- High in protein
- High in healthy fats
You can also top these brownies with whatever you like, or leave them plain if your not a frosting lover. They’re really great just on their own!
Grain-free almond flour brownie with a cashew matcha mint frosting
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (can sub regular sugar)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or agave
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the almond flour, coconut sugar, cocoa powder and baking powder together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla together in a bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into your pan and spread evenly.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes. To test if your brownies are ready, stick a toothpick in the brownies. the toothpick should come out (mostly) clean.
- To prepare the frosting, add all the frosting ingredients to a highspeed blender and blend until smooth. You may need to scrape down the edges a few times as you blend so everything gets incorporated.
- Store the frosting in the fridge and frost right before serving.
The frosting will oxidize and become discolored if left out of the fridge too long. Store the frosting in the fridge and ice the brownies right before serving.
Using vanilla instead of mint in the frosting is equally delicious!
I’ve also tried this recipe using 1/4 cup almond butter and 1/4 cup of coconut oil which turns out great too!
I haven’t tested this recipe with flax eggs, but if you do let me know how it turns out in the comments below!
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 320
- Sugar: 16g
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: gluten-free dessert recipe
If you love these almond flour brownies with matcha mint frosting you’ll also love this superfood chocolate bark!
This post contains affiliate links. I only recommend products I know, trust and love!