These flourless fudge hazelnut brownies are naturally gluten-free and can be easily made paleo! You’ll love this gooey fudgy brownie recipe!
Ohhhhh these brownies you guys!
If you’re a fudgy brownie lover, then this is the ONLY brownie recipe you’ll need. They’re completely flourless, dense, rich, fudgy, gooey and so damn chocolatey. Though if you love a bit more of a cakey brownie, you’ll love these almond flour brownies.
Is there anything else you could want in a brownie recipe?
Flourless chocolate brownies
The key to making flourless chocolate brownies is to use some cornstarch in the batter. This helps the brownies set and gives them that super gooey and fudgy center that we all love!
Flourless brownies are naturally gluten-free and can be made paleo by using coconut sugar in the recipe.
You may be wondering if flourless brownies are healthier than regular brownies, which really depends on what you consider healthy. At the end of the day, this recipe is still a dessert with some sugar and chocolate in it. Though if you’re sensitive to flour, this is definitely a great and maybe “healthier” alternative to traditional brownies.
How to make flourless brownies
The secret to making epic flourless brownies is to use both cocoa powder and melted chocolate in the batter. This will give your brownies a super rich and decadent chocolate taste!
Flourless brownies also have 3 eggs in them to help bind everything together.
These brownies really come together in a few simple steps:
- Melt the chocolate
- Mix everything together in a bowl
No mixers or processors needed for this recipe!
A few notes to make this recipe perfectly
- These flourless fudge hazelnut brownies are loaded with crushed hazelnuts, which gives them some great texture since they are so fudgy.
- If you are not a fan of hazelnuts, you can use almond, walnuts or just leave nuts out entirely from this recipe.
- I recommend using high-quality dark chocolate for these brownies. If you are using regular semi-sweet chocolate chips, you may want to reduce the amount of sugar in the recipe to 1/2 cup, since chocolate chips will have more sugar in them than 70% dark chocolate.
- Store any leftover brownies in an air-tight container for up to a week.
More chocolate lovers recipes to tryPrint
The ultimate fudgy brownie recipe!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the butter, dark chocolate and sugar together in a bowl until well combined. Let cool completely before adding the eggs.
- Whisk in the eggs until smooth and combined, but don’t overmix.
- Mix in the cocoa powder, cornstarch, salt and vanilla extract.
- Gently fold in the chopped hazelnuts
- Pour into the pan and bake for 26-30 minutes. Let cool completely before serving
These brownies are MEGA fudgy so clean your knife between each cut! Add any types of nuts you love!
Make sure to let your chocolate cool before adding the eggs, otherwise, the eggs will cook from the hot chocolate!
You can make these brownies paleo by using coconut sugar.
Use parchment paper to line your baking pan to make it easier to get the brownies out.
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 227
- Sugar: 22g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: flourless brownies, gluten-free brownies, paleo brownies
This post contains affiliate links. I only recommend products I know, trust and love!