Fall is quickly approaching, but I’m holding onto summer and the warm weather for dear life. While it’s may already be September, the sun is still shining and it is hot as ever outside!
One of my favourite ingredients to use in the warmer months (okay, and cold months too) is coconut. Biting into something with that creamy coconut flavour instantly transports me somewhere with the sun shining on my face and the sound of ocean waves are crashing in the background.
These no bake chocolate coconut brownies do just that. Not only does a bite into these decedent bars transport me to my happy place, but they do so while remaining nourishing my body with wholesome ingredients. These no bake chocolate coconut brownies are vegan, gluten-free, refined-sugar free, paleo, and require no oven! Seriously, these bars are my latest obsession.
They also freeze up nicely. So if your worried about eating the entire batch in one sitting like I am, you can simply freeze some of your no bake chocolate coconut brownies in a Tupperware and remove them to eat as you please. They’ll last for weeks!Print
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups pitted dates (*I recommend medjool dates)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup 70% dark chocolate
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a food processor, blend your walnuts, dates, cocoa powder and salt together until it comes together in a thick dough. (Should blend about 2-3 minutes)
- Using your hands, press the brownie layer into your pan until it is smooth and flat on top. Place the pan in the fridge.
- In a food processor, combine the coconut and brown rice syrup until it is thoroughly mixed. Remove your pan from the fridge and press your coconut layer on top the brownie layer, using your hands or a spatula. Place the pan back in the fridge.
- Place your dark chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on low heat until chocolate is melted. *Make sure you check your chocolate every 30 seconds and give it a stir so it does not burn.
- Once chocolate is fully melted, remove your pan from the fridge and pour your chocolate layer on top. Place back in the fridge to set, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and slice into squares.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
If you like this recipe, you’ll love my coconut bliss balls!
An 8×8 inch baking pan such as this one works best for this recipe: