No-Bake Chocolate Coconut Brownies
These No-Bake Chocolate Coconut Brownies are a healthy treat that are refined sugar-free, vegan, and gluten-free! Their fudgey brownie bottom is topped with creamy coconut and rich dark chocolate to make a brownie guaranteed to melt in your mouth!
A healthy brownie everyone will love
These No-Bake Chocolate Coconut Brownies is one of those recipes that will surprise you with just how delicious it is!
These brownies are completely no bake and healthy as can be. The base is sweetened with dates, and the centre and a combination of shredded coconut, coconut milk, and a touch of brown rice syrup. The top layer is complete with some melted dark chocolate.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- The combination of chocolate and coconut goes so well together. (These brownies taste like a bounty chocolate bar!)
- They are completely no bake, so no turning on the oven or fussing with having to cook them up properly.
- They store well in the freezer, and can be taken out to enjoy whenever you please!
These brownies are thick, dense and seriously fudgey with a creamy coconut centre, and then more chocolate on top. This recipe is made using a food processor, a small bowl to mix the chocolate topping and an 8×8 inch pan.
How to make No-Bake Chocolate Coconut Brownies
Add the brownie ingredients to the food processor and pulse.
Press the dough into the bottom of an 8×8 inch pan.
Mix the coconut layer ingredients together in a bowl and then press the coconut into the pan on top of the brownie layer.
Pour the melted chocolate on top, let set in the fridge for at least 3 hours then slice.
Tips for making this recipe perfectly
- Use Medjool dates for the base, which are different than regular dates. Medjool dates are larger, stickier and have a sweet caramel flavour. They will help bind the brownies together. If you’re curious, read more about Medjool dates here.
- If your dates feel a bit dry, soak them in hot water for 5 minutes, drain and then proceed with the recipe.
- Use unsweetened shredded coconut. Sweetened shredded coconut is loaded with extra sugar, which is not needed for this recipe.
- Go for a high-quality 70% dark chocolate for the topping.
More no-bake recipes to tryPrint
These brownies require no baking and are healthy, refined sugar-free and absolutely delicious!
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a food processor, blend walnuts, dates, cocoa powder and salt together until it comes together in a thick dough. (Should blend about 2-3 minutes)
- Using your hands, press the brownie layer into your pan until it is smooth and flat on top. Place the pan in the fridge.
- In a food processor, combine the coconut, agave, coconut milk and coconut oil together. Remove your pan from the fridge and press your coconut layer on top of the brownie layer, using your hands or a spatula. Place the pan back in the fridge.
- Place your dark chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on low heat until chocolate is melted. *Make sure you check your chocolate every 30 seconds and give it a stir so it does not burn.
- Once chocolate is fully melted, remove your pan from the fridge and pour your chocolate layer on top. Place back in the fridge to set, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and slice into squares.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Use Medjool dates rather than regular dates for the brownie base. These dates are stickier, larger and sweeter!
If your dates are dry, soak them in hot water for 5 minutes, drain and then proceed with the recipe.
Make sure to use unsweetened shredded coconut for this recipe.
Store these bars in an air-tight container in the fridge or the freezer
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 350
- Sugar: 19g
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: no bake brownies, raw brownies
If you tried these No-Bake Chocolate Coconut Brownies or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!