Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls
These Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls are made with 7 simple ingredients and are completely grain-free, gluten-free and refined sugar-free! Make a batch in less than 20 minutes for a tasty and healthy treat!
This recipe is sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill.
Healthy raw cookie dough with no flour or eggs
Sometimes there’s nothing like a freshly baked cookie. But as good as baked cookies are, sometimes that delicious taste of raw cookie dough is just what you’re in the mood for!
This recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls tastes like you’re eating a spoonful of cookie dough, without the raw eggs or flour.
Instead, this recipe is made with Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour which is a great gluten-free and low carb alternative to regular flour. These balls can be made entirely in a bowl by mixing 7 ingredients together and doesn’t require any fancy kitchen gadgets.
Ingredients in this recipe
- Almond Flour: this makes up the “dough” of the recipe. Almond flour is made from finely ground almonds and is a great protein-rich flour.
- Salt: just a pinch.
- Almond butter: the runny kind is best. Peanut butter, tahini or any type of nut butter you love will work.
- Brown rice syrup: to add sweetness and help bind everything together. You could also use maple syrup, honey or any other sticky sweetener.
- Vanilla extract: use the real stuff! This is to add that classic cookie dough flavour to the balls.
- Almond milk: a few drops to help the dough come together.
- Dark chocolate chips: essential to make chocolate chip cookie dough!
How to make cookie dough balls
Mix the almond flour and salt together in a large mixing bowl, and the almond butter, brown rice syrup, vanilla and almond milk together in a separate bowl.
Mix the wet and dry ingredients together until it forms a dough. (You should be able to press the dough between your fingers. ) Add in the chocolate chips and mix together.
Roll into balls and store in the fridge.
Tips for making this recipe perfectly
- It’s easiest to mix the dough together with your hands.
- If the dough feels a bit too dry and crumbles when you press it between your fingers, add another 1-2 tsp of almond milk and mix together until the dough binds together.
- Mini chocolate chips work best in this recipe since the balls are small.
More raw no-bake treats to try
Click below to watch a video on how to make this recipe!
If you tried these Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
These Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls are grain-free, gluten-free and make the perfect healthy treat!
- Mix the almond flour and salt together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix the almond butter, brown rice syrup, almond milk and vanilla extract together
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Mixing with your hands is th easiest!
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix until incorporated.
- Roll into balls, about 1 tbsp of dough per ball.
- Store in the fridge
It’s easiest to mix the dough together with your hands.
If the dough feels a bit too dry and crumbles when you press it between your fingers, add another 1-2 tsp of almond milk and mix together until the dough binds together.
Mini chocolate chips work best in this recipe since the balls are small.
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 66
- Sugar: 5g
- Fat: 3.5g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2.5g
Keywords: healthy cookie dough, cookie dough with almond flour