How To Make The Best Ramen Noodles Recipe
This Ramen Noodle Stir Fry comes together in just 15 minutes for a delicious quick and easy meal! It’s made of 10 simple ingredients and can be modified to add in any veggies, protein or toppings you love!
If you know me then you know I love noodle recipes. Anything from Garlic Noodles to Pad Thai, noodles are always quick and easy to make and perfect for those days when you don’t want to fuss around with cooking and spending too much time in the kitchen.
Ramen noodles are traditionally used in soup, but they are delicious used in other ways like crumbled in Asian salads, or stir-fried with a great sauce and some veggies.
Today there are tons of different varieties of Ramen noodles you can get. The most common are the dried ramen noodle packets, which you can find at most grocery stores. Some specialty stores will also carry gluten-free ramen noodle packs or fresh ramen noodles. All types will work well in this dish!
Why you’ll love these Ramen Noodles
- You’ll love that you can use ramen noodles in a different way other than just cooking them up in some soup!
- This recipe is quick and easy to make, so it’s perfect for those busy weeknights when you don’t have a lot of time to make dinner.
- This stir fry can be modified in any way you like! You can add your favourite toppings like fried onions, cilantro or crushed peanuts, or add in some other veggies or even some tofu!
How do you pan fry ramen noodles?
Ramen noodles are easy to pan-fry (or stir fry)
- Just boil the noodles in hot water for 1-2 minutes until the noodles start to soften and come apart. They should be slightly al dente (still have a slight bite to them.)
- Then toss them in a pan with some oil or your favourite sauce.
Pro Tip: If using fresh ramen noodles, you will only need to boil them for 30-60 seconds before tossing them in the Stir Fry.
How To Make Ramen Noodles
Chop up the bok choy then sautee it in a pot on medium-high heat with some garlic.
Boil the ramen noodles for 1-2 minutes just until they start to soften and break apart. Then add the noodles to the pot along with the stir fry sauce.
Toss everything together until evenly coated. If the noodles start to stick to the pan, add a splash of water or vegetable broth and mix it all up.
Serve these noodles topped with some toasted sesame seeds and sliced green onions.
What to Serve with Ramen Recipes
There are so many things you can serve up with your ramen noodles! You can absolutely enjoy them on their own, or you serve them as a side dish with your choice of protein and some extra veggies. Here are some of my favourite recipes to enjoy with this dish:
- Tofu Satay
- Orange Tofu
- Weeknight Tofu Stir Fry
- Vietnamese Fresh Spring Rolls
- Thai Crunch Salad
- Asian Kale Salad
Expert tips for making this recipe
- Chop up the bok choy into bite-sized pieces. This way it’ll get evenly distributed with the noodles and you’ll get some bok choy in every bite! You can alternatively use Chinese broccoli, snow peas, regular broccoli or any green vegetable you like in this recipe!
- Don’t overcook the ramen noodles. Boil them just until they come apart and have a slight bite to them. The noodles will continue to cook slightly as you stir fry them. Ramen noodles should have a chewy texture in the end and not be soggy.
- Serve immediately. Noodles dishes are best enjoyed right away while they’re still hot and the sauce is still saucy.
If you tried this Ramen Noodle Stir Fry or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
This Ramen Noodle Stir Fry comes together in just 15 minutes for a quick and easy meal!
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup bok choy, chopped
- 2 packs of ramen noodles (any type you like, gluten-free if needed)
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pot or pan on medium-high heat, then add the green onions, garlic and bok choy. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the bok choy is tender.
- While the bok choy is cooking, mix the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Boil the ramen noodles just until they begin to come apart and are slightly soft, then drain and add the noodles and sauce to the pot, mixing everything together on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve topped with some sesame seeds and sliced green onions
*To make this recipe gluten-free, make sure to use gluten-free noodles and soy sauce
Chop up the bok choy into bite sized pieces so it gets evenly distribuited in the noodles.
Boil the ramen noodles just until al dente. They’ll continue to cook slightly as you stir fry them.
This dish is best served right away.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 240
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 500mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4.8g
Keywords: ramen noodle recipe, vegan ramen noodles, ramen noodle stir fry