This recipe for Mediterranean quinoa salad will quickly become a staple in your kitchen. It’s perfect to enjoy on its own, bring to a
If there’s one type of food I eat on the reg it’s definitely quinoa. I usually take some time on Sundays to do some meal prep, which ALWAYS includes preparing a pot of quinoa. This way I know I’ll have some on hand to use for breakfast quinoa, in salads or even to make a batch of my black bean quinoa burgers.
For my quinoa food prep, I usually opt to cook up 1 cup of dried quinoa (which makes 2 cups of cooked quinoa) at a time and use that up before making some more. Since it only takes about 15 minutes total to make it a quick and easy staple to always have on hand!
There are pretty much endless recipes you can use quinoa for, (even chocolate cake!) but today we’re gonna go a little more classic with a quinoa salad. A
What I love about this salad is it’s so
A few notes on this recipe:
This quinoa salad is all about those fresh Mediterranean flavours. We’ve got olives, cucumber, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh herbs and a handful of other tasty ingredients. If there’s any ingredient in this salad you’re not particularly a fan of, you can simply leave them out, or even replace them with something else.
You can try adding fresh tomatoes in addition to or in place of sun-dried tomatoes, parsley instead of basil, roasted red peppers instead of fresh red peppers…the possibilities here are endless!
I like to prepare my quinoa in advance and keep in the fridge until it is completely cool before adding the other ingredients. This way the quinoa doesn’t warm up the salad.
If I’m eating this salad as a meal, I like to make a side of scrambled tofu to eat with it, just to add in a little more protein to my diet! You can also top this salad with any protein you like or serve up alongside some hummus (like this beetroot hummus) and crackers.
This Mediterranean quinoa salad is:
- High in protein
- Vegetarian ( & vegan option!)
Store leftovers of this salad in a Tupperware in the fridge. I like to double the dressing recipe and store extra on hand as a simple and fresh dressing to use on all my salads!Print
This Mediterranean quinoa salad will be your new favourite salad recipe! It’s fresh and light and perfect to enjoy as a meal or side!
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked (about 1 cup uncooked)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, cut in half
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (*use vegan feta cheese if needed)
Lemon oregano dressing:
- To prepare the salad mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl. If there is any ingredient you like more of feel free to add more!
- Mix all the salad dressing ingredients together in a small jar. Cover with the lid and shake until incorporated.
- Pour half the salad dressing onto the quinoa salad and give it a taste. If you like more dressing, add more. Otherwise reserve leftover dressing for other salads.
I usually use about half of the salad lemon oregano dressing on this salad. The rest I keep stored in my fridge.
This salad is great to bring to parties & potlucks!
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 361
- Sugar: 5g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 12g
Keywords: healthy quinoa salad recipes, easy quinoa recipes
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!