This recipe for Mediterranean quinoa salad will quickly become a staple in your kitchen. It’s perfect to enjoy on its own, bring to a
A healthy quinoa salad recipe everyone will love
If there’s one type of food I eat on the reg it’s definitely quinoa. I usually take some time on Sundays to do some meal prep, which ALWAYS includes preparing a pot of quinoa. This way I know I’ll have some on hand to use for breakfast quinoa, in salads or even to make a batch of my black bean quinoa burgers.
This Meditteranean quinoa salad is it’s so
How to make a Mediterranean quinoa salad
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions
- Chop up all the veggies into small pieces
- Add the quinoa veggies, chickpeas and feta cheese to a large mixing bowl
- Make the dressing and toss together with the salad
Recipe tips and variations
- If there’s any ingredient in this salad you’re not particularly a fan of, you can simply leave them out, or even replace them with something else.
- You can try adding fresh tomatoes in addition to or in place of sun-dried tomatoes, parsley instead of basil, roasted red peppers instead of fresh red peppers…the possibilities here are endless!
- I like to prepare my quinoa in advance and keep in the fridge until it is completely cool before adding the other ingredients. This way the quinoa doesn’t warm up the salad.
- This salad is great to bring to a potluck, picnic or a bbq!
Other quinoa recipes to try
If you tried this Mediterranean Quinoa Salad or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!
This Mediterranean quinoa salad will be your new favourite salad recipe! It’s fresh and light and perfect to enjoy as a meal or side!
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked (about 1 cup uncooked)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, cut in half
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (*use vegan feta cheese if needed)
Lemon oregano dressing:
- To prepare the salad mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl. If there is any ingredient you like more of feel free to add more!
- Mix all the salad dressing ingredients together in a small jar. Cover with the lid and shake until incorporated.
- Pour half the salad dressing onto the quinoa salad and give it a taste. If you like more dressing, add more. Otherwise reserve leftover dressing for other salads.
I usually use about half of the salad lemon oregano dressing on this salad. The rest I keep stored in my fridge. This salad is great to bring to parties & potlucks!
If there are any ingredients in this salad your not a fan of you can leave them out.
You can swap out sundried tomatoes for fresh tomatoes if you prefer!
Prepare your quinoa in advance and store it in the fridge to make this recipe even faster.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 361
- Sugar: 5g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 12g
Keywords: healthy quinoa salad recipes, easy quinoa recipes
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!