Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
This recipe for Buffalo Cauliflower Wings are a great vegetarian/vegan-version of Buffalo chicken wings. The cauliflower gets baked up into crispy bites and coated with a delicious buffalo sauce for the perfect appetizer, side, or snack!
An easy vegan cauliflower recipe
Cauliflower has quickly gained popularity for being a food that can disguise itself in many creative dishes. From Thai Peanut Cauliflower Wings to Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Mac and Cheese, cauliflower can be used in so many delicious ways.
Hands down one of the tastiest ways to enjoy cauliflower is as delicious crispy wings!
This recipe for Buffalo Cauliflower wings is easy to make, vegan and gluten-free. This recipe also keeps things pretty healthy, with the wings baked and lightly coated in batter.
The Buffalo sauce is homemade with just a touch of vegan butter and maple syrup to make it sweet and tangy and creamy.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Buffalo sauce goes SO well with the cauliflower. It’s a perfect match and can be enjoyed alone or as a side.
- The cauliflower is coated in a light batter and baked so each piece gets a nice crispy coating.
- These wings make the perfect appetizer and are great to serve at a SuperBowl party!
Ingredients in cauliflower wings
- Cauliflower: The star ingredient! You want to make sure to cut the cauliflower into florets (bite-sized pieces) and remove most of the stem. You can make larger bites or smaller bites, whichever you prefer.
- Batter: Make from a mix of almond milk, flour and spices. You can use any type of flour and milk you like. For this recipe, I use a gluten-free flour blend.
- Buffalo sauce: You could buy a pre-made buffalo sauce, but it’s much healthier to make one at home (and really easy too!)
How to make Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
Cut the cauliflower into florets, then dip each piece of cauliflower into the batter. Let any excess batter drip off before placing on a baking sheet. Bake the wings at 450 degrees F for 20-25 minutes until golden brown, flipping halfway through.
Mix the buffalo sauce ingredients together then brush onto the baked cauliflower wings. Place the wings back in the oven and bake another 10-15 minutes.
Serve immediately with your favourite dipping sauce!
How to reheat cauliflower wings
Cauliflower wings are best enjoyed fresh, but if you’d like to reheat any leftovers you can heat them in an oven at 400 degrees F.
I don’t recommend reheating Buffalo Cauliflower Wings in a microwave since it will make them really soft and soggy.
What to serve with Buffalo Cauliflower
Buffalo Cauliflower Wings are great served with the same foods you’d serve regular buffalo wings with!
These are great served up with a side of ranch or blue cheese dip, (You can make a vegan ranch dip if needed.) and some carrot and celery sticks.
Tips for making this recipe perfectly
- The batter should be thick enough to coat each piece of cauliflower, but not too thick where the excess batter doesn’t drip off. Depending on the type of flour and liquid you use you may need to adjust your batter to get the right texture.
- Cook these wings at a high temperature. If your oven isn’t hot enough. they won’t crisp up and the batter will become soggy.
- If serving these for an appetizer or a Superbowl party, they are best served fresh out of the oven.
More cauliflower recipes to try
If you tried these Buffalo Cauliflower Wings or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!
These Buffalo Cauliflower Wings make the perfect spicy and tangy appetizer, side or snack. They’re easy to make, vegan and gluten-free!
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the flour, almond milk, salt, paprika and garlic powder together in a bowl until smooth.
- Dip each piece of cauliflower into the batter, let any excess batter drip off then place the cauliflower bites on the baking pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown, flipping halway through.
- While the wings are baking, mix the hot sauce, vegan butter and maple syrup together in a bowl.
- When the wings are cooked, remove from the oven and brush with the buffalo sauce. Place the baking sheet back in the oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes at 425 degrees F.
- Serve immediately with your favourite dipping sauce.
The batter should be thick enough to coat each piece of cauliflower, but not too thick where the excess batter doesn’t drip off. Depending on the type of flour and liquid you use you may need to adjust your batter to get the right texture.
Cook these wings at a high temperature. If your oven isn’t hot enough. they won’t crisp up and the batter will become soggy.
If serving these for an appetizer or dinner party, they are best served fresh out of the oven.
Feel free to skip the batter entirely to make this reicpe into plain buffalo cauliflower. Just toss your cauliflower florets with 1 tbsp olive oil and seasoning and bake at 425 degrees F for 20-25 minutes, then toss in the buffao sauce and serve.
- Serving Size: 1/6th recipe
- Calories: 88
- Sugar: 1.5g
- Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 2.5g
Keywords: Buffalo cauliflower, vegan wings, cauliflower wings