These Buffalo Cauliflower Wings make the perfect spicy and tangy appetizer, side or snack. They’re easy to make, vegan and gluten-free!
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the flour, almond milk, salt, paprika and garlic powder together in a bowl until smooth.
- Dip each piece of cauliflower into the batter, let any excess batter drip off then place the cauliflower bites on the baking pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown, flipping halway through.
- While the wings are baking, mix the hot sauce, vegan butter and maple syrup together in a bowl.
- When the wings are cooked, remove from the oven and brush with the buffalo sauce. Place the baking sheet back in the oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes at 425 degrees F.
- Serve immediately with your favourite dipping sauce.
The batter should be thick enough to coat each piece of cauliflower, but not too thick where the excess batter doesn’t drip off. Depending on the type of flour and liquid you use you may need to adjust your batter to get the right texture.
Cook these wings at a high temperature. If your oven isn’t hot enough. they won’t crisp up and the batter will become soggy.
If serving these for an appetizer or dinner party, they are best served fresh out of the oven.
Feel free to skip the batter entirely to make this reicpe into plain buffalo cauliflower. Just toss your cauliflower florets with 1 tbsp olive oil and seasoning and bake at 425 degrees F for 20-25 minutes, then toss in the buffao sauce and serve.
- Serving Size: 1/6th recipe
- Calories: 88
- Sugar: 1.5g
- Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 2.5g
Keywords: Buffalo cauliflower, vegan wings, cauliflower wings