These 15 minute Garlic Noodles will make your tastebuds dance! They’re salty, savoury, sweet and just a tad spicy. This recipe is also naturally vegan and gluten-free and is perfect for a busy weeknight when you need dinner on the table fast!
When I want dinner on the table fast noodles are always my go-to. Asian noodle dishes make for a perfect quick and easy dinner, and it’s easy to keep the main ingredients you need on hand to throw a noodle dish together. (i.e. some noodles, and a few Asian sauces.)
Why you’ll love this recipe
- This recipe can be made with any kind of noodles you have on hand so you don’t need to make a special trip to the grocery store. Spaghetti, rice noodles, ramen noodles, any kind will be delicious!
- These noodles are salty, savoury, sweet and just a bit spicy and will make your tastebuds dance! Oh, and of course they are also super garlicky!
- This recipe comes together in just 15 minutes. So it’s perfect to make on a busy weeknight when you’re pressed for time, or just not in the mood to deal with cooking.
- These noodles store well in the fridge, so you can enjoy leftovers for lunch or dinner the next day.
How to make garlic noodles
Cook the noodles according to package directions. Once the noodles are cooked, heat the oil in a large skillet then add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until browned.
Then add the noodles, sauce and green onions and toss everything together until combined. And that’s literally it. Easy right?
You can optionally serve these noodles with some sesame seeds and chilli flakes on top which is delicious. You can also serve this with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, (for a vegetarian version) which may sound odd but trust me, is delicious!
What kind of noodles to use
For this recipe, I use brown rice spaghetti which is made from rice but has the same texture of wheat spaghetti. Rice spaghetti has more of a bite to it and that al dente texture than typical Asian rice noodles, which is delicious for this recipe, but you can really use any kind of noodles.
Here are some noodles you can use for this dish
- Asian rice noodles
- Ramen Noodles
- Udon noodles
- Soda noodles
Tips for making this recipe perfectly
- If using spaghetti, salt your pasta water to flavour the pasta. This will add flavour to the overall dish.
- Don’t cook the garlic on high heat. You don’t want to brown the garlic for this recipe, you just want it to slightly cook before adding the noodles.
- Taste before you add more sauce! Start with 1 tbsp of soy sauce and add more as needed. Some brands of soy sauce can be more flavourful than others, or you may be using slightly less or more noodles than 8 oz. Tasting as you go is the best way to make sure the noodles are properly flavoured.
Other noodle recipes to try
If you tried these 15 Minute Garlic Noodles or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!
15 Minute Garlic Noodles are the best noodles to make at home when you need a quick and easy meal ready fast that also happens to be super delicious!
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet then turn the heat to medium-low and add the garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the spaghetti, soy sauce, sesame oil, vegetarian oyster sauce, honey (or agave) and sriracha and mix together until combined.
- Stir in the chopped green onions and let cook on medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Optionally top with sesame seeds and chili flakes and serve.
If using spaghetti, make sure to salt the pasta water to flavour the noodles.
Don’t cook the garlic on high-heat! You don’t want the garlic to brown or burn. Cooking it on medium-low heat will let the garlic get tender while still keeping that fresh garlic flavour.
Taste the noodles as you cook and adjust seasoning as needed. Depending on the type of noodle you use, or the amount of noodles you use, you may need slightly more or less sauce.
For a vegetarian version of this recipe that is super delicious, add in some shredded parmesan cheese. Trust me, it’s delicious!
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 252
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 300mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4.5g
Keywords: fast noodle recipe, easy noodle recipe, noodles ready in 15 minutes
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!