These life-changing peanut butter noodles will change your life for the better! They’re creamy, delicious and so easy to make…you’ll wonder how you lived without them!
Alright. So I know it’s a tall claim…”Life-changing peanut butter noodles”
But hear me out for a minute.
Are you ever looking for some staple recipes to add to your repertoire? Those kinds of recipes that you know you can make once a week or once every couple week and always have all (or most) of the ingredients on hand and can whip it up in a flash?
Well, these peanut butter noodles are just that for me!
They’ve officially been added to my go-to “quick and easy” dinner recipes. These noodles are:
- Easy to make
- Take only 15 minutes
- Use minimal ingredients
- And are totally delicious!
I always like to keep some packs of rice noodles stocked up in my cabinet for quick and easy dinners. I also always make sure to have items like peanut butter and soy sauce on hand. (both of which are in this recipe)
What I also love about this recipe is that you can add pretty much any veggies you have on hand. Broccoli, bok choy, edamame, and snow peas would work particularly well!
If you want to make this peanut butter noodle recipe with some veggies, all you have to do is start by adding a little bit of vegetable oil to the pan, followed by your chopped up vegetables. Then stir-fry the vegetables on medium-high heat until they are tender, push them over to the side and proceed with adding the noodles to the recipe!
You can also use any type of noodles you have on hand. Don’t think you can only make this recipe with rice noodles! You can use regular pasta too, (like a spaghetti) buckwheat noodles or ramen noodles. All will work well and be equally delicious in this recipe!
These life-changing peanut butter noodles score a 10/10 on the comfort food scale. (They’re still light and healthy!)Print
- 1/2 pack rice noodles, or approx 7oz. (or brown rice noodles)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (or vegetable oil)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup-3/4 cup water
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- sesame seeds to top
- Fill a large bowl with warm water. Put the rice noodles in the bowl and let them sit for 10 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Next prepare the sauce.
- Mix the peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, maple syrup, sriracha, and water together in a small bowl.
- Place in the microwave for 30 seconds to allow the peanut butter to melt. Mix the sauce until well combined.
- Heat the avocado oil in a large non-stick skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add the green onions and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Next add the garlic, cooking for another minute.
- Push the onion and garlic off to the side of the pan, and add the rice noodles to the pan. (*make sure to drain them first)
- Lower the heat to medium and pour in 1/2 cup of water. stir the noodles until they absorb the water. If the noodles are still firm, add a bit more water until they are tender, but still have a little chew to them.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and add the peanut butter sauce, stirring everything in the pot together.
- Remove from heat and divide the noodles into two bowls.
- Garnish with cilantro and sesame seeds.
Wanna get extra healthy? Add your favourite veggies to this recipe.
You can sub almond butter for peanut butter if you prefer.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 395
- Sugar: 11.6g
- Fat: 20.8g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Protein: 9.5g
Keywords: Asain, peanut butter, noodles, gluten-free, vegan, healthy, easy dinner
Tips & suggestions:
This post contains affiliate links. I only recommend products I know, trust and love!