Life-Changing Peanut Butter Noodles
You’re 30 minutes away from having Life-Changing Peanut Butter Noodles that will change your life for the better! They’re covered in a spicy and creamy peanut butter sauce, and so easy to make.
30-Minute Rice Noodle Recipe
Alright. So I know it’s a tall claim…” Life-changing peanut butter noodles” but I’m serious when I say that these noodles are AMAZING and rival my Ramen Stir Fry Noodles.
These Peanut Butter Noodles are one of those back-pocket recipes you can make with ingredients that you probably already have on hand. That’s one thing I love about Asian noodle recipes, they’re always quick, easy to make, and made with pantry staples! (Make sure to give this Mie Goreng and these Spicy Noodles a try next.)
Peanut Butter Noodles Ingredients
Rice noodles: you can use any kind of rice noodles for this recipe. My two favourite types to use are these ones (generally used in Pad Thai), and these ones (generally used in Pad See Ew.) You can always substitute rice noodles with ramen noodles or even just spaghetti noodles if you need.
Green onions and garlic: Please use these fresh! It will make all the difference in the flavour. Don’t substitute with garlic powder.
Soy sauce: regular soy sauce, gluten-free soy sauce or low sodium soy sauce all work. You can also use tamari or coconut aminos if you prefer
Peanut butter: Any type of peanut butter will work. Classic peanut butter or natural peanut butter. If you want to swap out the peanut butter in this recipe for any reason, you can also use almond butter or tahini.
Maple syrup: This is used to balance the flavour in the sauce. But you can also use agave, honey (if you’re not vegan), coconut sugar or brown sugar.
Sesame oil: this will really bring the peanut butter sauce to the next level. You can technically leave this ingredient out of you don’t have it.
Sriracha: for some spice! You could also use fresh chillies, chilli flakes, or sambal oelek. Don’t like spice? Leave it out.
Best Rice Noodles for Peanut Butter Noodles
There are many different types of rice noodles out there to choose from, so let’s talk about which rice noodles to get your hands on for this dish.
I recommend using rice sticks or flat rice noodles (also sometimes called wide rice noodles or pad see ew noodles.) Both these types of rice noodles have enough surface area to hold onto the peanut butter sauce.
I don’t recommend using vermicelli rice noodles in this recipe because they’re too thin and won’t hold onto the sauce well.
How to Make Rice Noodles with Peanut Sauce
Start by cooking your noodles according to the package directions. Then sautee some green onions and garlic in a pot and add the noodles.
Next prep the peanut sauce by mixing the sauce ingredients together. Then add the peanut sauce to the pot and mix everything together.
If the noodles are getting a bit sticky, add a splash of water to help everything mix more easily. Serve immediately and top with sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
Tips for Life-Changing Rice Noodles Recipe
- Always taste and adjust the sauce if needed. Depending on how accurately you measure the noodles, you may need a bit more or less sauce.
- Don’t overcook the noodles! Thicker rice noodles will be more forgiving when overcooked, but thinner rice noodles tend to get a bit mushy when overcooked. Make sure the noodles are still slightly hard in the center before mixing them into the sauce.
- Add any veggies you love to this recipe! Just sautee your veggies in the pot with the onions and garlic and then continue with the recipe. (I like this recipe with some bok choy, snow peas or broccoli!)
How to store and reheat leftover peanut noodles
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop in a pan.
When reheating, add a small splash of water to help loosen up the noodles if they are clumped together.
If you tried these Peanut Butter Noodles or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
These Peanut Butter Noodles are ready in just 20 minutes and are seriously life-changing.
- 1/2 pack rice noodles, or approx 7oz. (or brown rice noodles)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil, can sub vegetable oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2–4 tbsp water
- Sesame seeds & more green onions to top
- Cook the rice noodles according to package directions. It’s best to slightly undercook the noodles, as they’ll continue to cook in the pot with the sauce.
- Next, prepare the sauce by mixing all the sauce ingredients together in a bowl until well combined. (*see note)
- Heat the avocado oil in a large non-stick skillet on medium-high heat and add the green onions and garlic letting cook for 2 minutes
- Add the rice noodles and peanut sauce to the pan and mix everything together. If the noodles are getting sticky, add 2-4 tbsp of water to help everything mix together more easily.
- Serve immediately. You can optionally top it off with green onions and sesame seeds.
*depending on the brand and type of peanut butter you use, you may need to add a bit more water to the sauce to help incorporate the peanut butter. Creamy or liquidy peanut butter works best.
. Depending on how accurately you measure the noodles, you may need a bit more or less sauce.
Don’t overcook the noodles! Thicker rice noodles will be more forgiving when overcooked, but thinner rice noodles tend to get a bit mushy when overcooked. Make sure the noodles are still slightly hard in the center before mixing them into the sauce.
Add any veggies you love to this recipe! Just sautee your veggies in the pot with the onions and garlic and then continue with the recipe. (I like this recipe with some bok choy, snow peas or broccoli!)
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 390
- Sugar: 8g
- Fat: 20g
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Protein: 9.5g
Keywords: peanut noodles, peanut butter noodles, stir fry noodles with peanut butter