Life-Changing Peanut Butter Noodles
These Life-Changing Peanut Butter Noodles will change your life for the better! They’re covered in a spicy and creamy peanut butter sauce, and so easy to make.
Life-changing noodles indeed
Alright. So I know it’s a tall claim…”Life-changing peanut butter noodles”
But, it’s one of those staple recipes that doesn’t need any unique ingredients. You probably already have everything you need for this recipe in your fridge – peanut butter, sriracha, maple syrup. Yup, I said maple syrup! It adds a little sweetness that the recipe needs.
These life-changing peanut butter noodles are easy to make, use minimal ingredients, vegan, and gluten-free. They only take 15 minutes to make, and are totally delicious.
I always like to keep some packs of rice noodles stocked up in my cabinet for quick and easy dinners.
I also always make sure to have items like peanut butter and soy sauce on hand. (both of which are in this recipe)
How to make these peanut butter noodles
You can use any type of noodles you have on hand. Though the recipe says rice noodles, any noodles would work! You can use regular pasta (like a spaghetti), buckwheat noodles, or ramen noodles. All will work well and be equally delicious in this recipe!
What I love about this recipe is that you can add pretty much any veggies you have on hand. Broccoli, bok choy, edamame, and snow peas would work particularly well. Anything crunchy and green to add more flavour and texture (and some health).
If you want to make this peanut butter noodle recipe with some veggies, all you have to do is start by adding a little bit of vegetable oil to the pan, followed by your chopped up vegetables.
Then, stir-fry the vegetables on medium-high heat until they are tender, push them over to the side and proceed with adding the noodles and sauce to the recipe!
Ingredients you need for the sauce
- Peanut butter: The base of the sauce, as well as the name! If you’re not a peanut butter fan, almond butter would also work well in this recipe.
- Soy sauce: Soy sauce thins out the peanut butter and adds some saltiness to the dish.
- Sesame oil: If you’ve never smelled or tasted sesame oil, you must. It’s a deliciously grounding scent, and offers an Asian feel to the recipe.
- Maple syrup: To add some sweetness to the sauce, and lighten it up.
- Sriracha: Adds spice and more depth to the dish. You could leave this out if you’re not a spicy-food lover.
These life-changing peanut butter noodles score a 10/10 on the comfort food scale. (They’re still light and healthy!)
More noodle recipes to try
If you tried these Life-Changing Peanut Butter Noodles or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!
These creamy noodles are so simple and delicious, they are destined to change your life in the kitchen!
- 1/2 pack rice noodles, or approx 7oz. (or brown rice noodles)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup-3/4 cup water
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- Sesame seeds to top
- Fill a large bowl with warm water. Put the rice noodles in the bowl and let them sit for 10 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Next, prepare the sauce.
- Mix the peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, maple syrup, sriracha, and water together in a small bowl.
- Place in the microwave for 30 seconds to allow the peanut butter to melt. Mix the sauce until well combined.
- Heat the avocado oil in a large non-stick skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add the green onions and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Next add the garlic, cooking for another minute.
- Push the onion and garlic off to the side of the pan, and add the rice noodles to the pan. (*make sure to drain them first)
- Lower the heat to medium and pour in 1/2 cup of water. stir the noodles until they absorb the water. If the noodles are still firm, add a bit more water until they are tender, but still have a little chew to them.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and add the peanut butter sauce, stirring everything in the pot together.
- Remove from heat and divide the noodles into two bowls.
- Garnish with cilantro and sesame seeds.
For added volume to this dish, add your favourite veggies to this recipe.
You can sub almond butter for peanut butter if you prefer.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 395
- Sugar: 11.6g
- Fat: 20.8g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Protein: 9.5g
Keywords: Asain, peanut butter, noodles, gluten-free, vegan, healthy, easy dinner
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!