These Peanut Butter Noodles are ready in just 20 minutes and are seriously life-changing.
- 1/2 pack rice noodles, or approx 7oz. (or brown rice noodles)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil, can sub vegetable oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2–4 tbsp water
- Sesame seeds & more green onions to top
- Cook the rice noodles according to package directions. It’s best to slightly undercook the noodles, as they’ll continue to cook in the pot with the sauce.
- Next, prepare the sauce by mixing all the sauce ingredients together in a bowl until well combined. (*see note)
- Heat the avocado oil in a large non-stick skillet on medium-high heat and add the green onions and garlic letting cook for 2 minutes
- Add the rice noodles and peanut sauce to the pan and mix everything together. If the noodles are getting sticky, add 2-4 tbsp of water to help everything mix together more easily.
- Serve immediately. You can optionally top it off with green onions and sesame seeds.
*depending on the brand and type of peanut butter you use, you may need to add a bit more water to the sauce to help incorporate the peanut butter. Creamy or liquidy peanut butter works best.
. Depending on how accurately you measure the noodles, you may need a bit more or less sauce.
Don’t overcook the noodles! Thicker rice noodles will be more forgiving when overcooked, but thinner rice noodles tend to get a bit mushy when overcooked. Make sure the noodles are still slightly hard in the center before mixing them into the sauce.
Add any veggies you love to this recipe! Just sautee your veggies in the pot with the onions and garlic and then continue with the recipe. (I like this recipe with some bok choy, snow peas or broccoli!)
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 390
- Sugar: 8g
- Fat: 20g
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Protein: 9.5g
Keywords: peanut noodles, peanut butter noodles, stir fry noodles with peanut butter