These creamy noodles are so simple and delicious, they are destined to change your life in the kitchen!
- 1/2 pack rice noodles, or approx 7oz. (or brown rice noodles)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup-3/4 cup water
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- Sesame seeds to top
- Fill a large bowl with warm water. Put the rice noodles in the bowl and let them sit for 10 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Next, prepare the sauce.
- Mix the peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, maple syrup, sriracha, and water together in a small bowl.
- Place in the microwave for 30 seconds to allow the peanut butter to melt. Mix the sauce until well combined.
- Heat the avocado oil in a large non-stick skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add the green onions and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Next add the garlic, cooking for another minute.
- Push the onion and garlic off to the side of the pan, and add the rice noodles to the pan. (*make sure to drain them first)
- Lower the heat to medium and pour in 1/2 cup of water. stir the noodles until they absorb the water. If the noodles are still firm, add a bit more water until they are tender, but still have a little chew to them.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and add the peanut butter sauce, stirring everything in the pot together.
- Remove from heat and divide the noodles into two bowls.
- Garnish with cilantro and sesame seeds.
For added volume to this dish, add your favourite veggies to this recipe.
You can sub almond butter for peanut butter if you prefer.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 395
- Sugar: 11.6g
- Fat: 20.8g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Protein: 9.5g
Keywords: Asain, peanut butter, noodles, gluten-free, vegan, healthy, easy dinner