I’ve got a great recipe for you to kick-start the weekend, This vegan pad see ew!
The kind of recipe that is cosy and comforting and perfect for a quick and easy dinner. Now you may be wondering what exactly is vegan pad see ew? Well, pad see ew is a traditional Thai noodle dish, similar to a pad thai. Think of it as pad thai’s cousin made with thicker noodles and rich soy flavour.
This dish is traditionally made with Oyster sauce, but this version uses hoisin sauce to keep it 100% vegan. You can alternatively find vegetarian “oyster” sauce to use for this dish as well!
This vegan pad see ew is my latest go to when I’m in need of a big bowl of noodles and want something different than my 15 minute sesame ginger noodles! It’s also filled with healthy Chinese broccoli, bean sprouts, and tofu so it’s a complete meal made in one pan.
I am sure this easy, quick vegan pad see ew will become a staple in your kitchen!
- Place rice noodles in a large shallow bowl. Boil water and pour over the rice noodles, letting sit while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Cut tofu into small cubes and add to the pan, cooking for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Push tofu over to the side of the pan, and add the remaining tbsp of coconut oil and reduce to medium heat. Add the Chinese broccoli to the pan, cooking for 1-2 minutes.
- Next add the rice noodles, stirring everything together.
- Add the light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and Sriracha and mix until combined. Add water, 1 tbsp at a time if the noodles begin to stick, and are still a bit tough.
- Taste the noodles as you go until they are your desired texture. Lastly add the bean sprouts, stirring everything together.
- Give the noodles a taste and add in any more soy sauce or hoisin sauce if desired.
- Serve with chopped green onions, crushed peanuts, and a lime wedge.
Enjoy this vegan version of the classic Thai dish, Pad see ew!
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 281
- Sugar: 20g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 13g
Keywords: Vegan thai food, asain noodles, vegan pad see ew
I love seeing you make recipes from the blog! Use #choosingchia on Instagram so I can see your creations!
Craving more noodles? Try these other great noodle recipes from the blog!
This post contains affiliate links. I only recommend products I know, trust and love!