Coconut oil and sea salt popcorn
As the days begin to get shorter and it gets progressively colder outside the days of Netflix are upon us.
There’s nothing I love more than cuddling up on a cold fall night with a bowl of popcorn and binge watching the latest series available on Netflix.
I made this coconut oil and sea salt popcorn as a healthy alternative to just buying ready to go bags of popcorn, that are filled with unnecessary ingredients.
This popcorn is healthy, but still has the same satisfaction as movie theatre popcorn! The coconut oil provides this popcorn with such a great flavour, and sea salt helps to satisfy those salty snack cravings. I’ve been known to polish off an entire batch on this recipe in one sitting.
(I swear, it’s addicting!) Plus this popcorn is gluten-free and vegan, so everyone can enjoy it!
Did I mention it’s also WAY more fun to make than throwing a bag in the microwave? You get to see your pot go from empty to overflowing with popcorn. I recommend using a large pot for this recipe so it does not overflow with your popcorn.Print
Enjoy this coconut oil and sea salt popcorn for your movie nights!
- Heat your coconut oil on medium high heat in a large pot for 1-2 minutes.
- Start by putting one kernel into the pot, and wait for it to pop.
- Once it does, add the rest of the kernels, lower to medium heat, and place the lit on the pot.
- Give the pot a little shake every 30 seconds until you stop hearing the popping noise.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle with sea salt, and toss.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 267
- Sugar: 0g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: Coconut oil and sea salt popcorn, healthy popcorn, healthy movie night snack
*You can also try adding other flavours you may enjoy to this popcorn like coconut sugar or even cajun spices!