These healthy gingerbread muffins are made with simple wholesome ingredients and can be made vegan or gluten-free. They make the perfect snack loaded with gingerbread flavour!
An easy one-bowl muffin recipe
If there’s one thing I can say I love about winter, it’s all the delicious warming spiced baked goodies. There’s nothing quite like curling up on a snowy winter day with a latte and a gingerbread treat. In this case, that treat would be soft and fluffy healthy gingerbread muffins.
What makes these gingerbread muffins healthy?
Now, when I say these muffins are healthy I’m saying they’re made with mostly good for you ingredients, but they are not fat-free, sugar-free tasteless dry muffins. They still have some oil and some sugar in them but are less sugary than your average muffin.
These healthy gingerbread muffins are made with good coconut fats and unprocessed sugars to keep them flavorful and moist, while still being good for you!
Remember, good fats are your friend! In fact, coconut oil has many benefits including being able to raise HDL cholesterol while not impacting the LDL cholesterol. Also, healthy fats keep you fuller longer, so you won’t need to finish the pan of these to be satisfied!
How to make Healthy Gingerbread Muffins
Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl, and all the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl. Then gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
Line a muffin pan with muffin liners and fill the moulds 2/3rds of the way full. Be careful not to overfill the moulds, otherwise, you may end up with overflowing muffins.
Bake the muffins in the oven at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Sugar, spice, and everything nice!
What makes these healthy gingerbread muffins so special is that they use a variety of different spices.
This recipe uses cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and molasses, so these muffins are loaded with flavour. Molasses is also a great sweetener option that is filled with vitamin B12!
Tips for making this recipe perfectly
- Use good quality molasses for the best flavour. I like to use organic blackstrap molasses.
- Gently mix the wet ingredients and dry ingredients together just until combined. Don’t overmix the batter. Overmixing can lead to denser muffins.
- If you want an extra hint of sweetness, sprinkle the muffins with some raw cane sugar before baking.
- Don’t fill the muffin pan all the way to the top. The muffins will overflow if you do. Only fill them two thirds to three-quarters of the way full.
- If you don’t have any muffin liners, spray your muffin pan with some cooking spray and add the batter directly to the pan.
More gingerbread recipes to try
If you tried these Healthy Gingerbread Muffins or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
These healthy gingerbread muffins are perfect for breakfast or a tasty snack!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl and the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl
- Pour your dry ingredients into the wet, adding one third of the flour mixture at a time, and mixing until combined.
- Fill eat muffin tin 2/3rds to 3/4 of the way full with your batter (don’t fill it more, or the muffins willl overflow.)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
To make flax eggs, mix 2 tbsp ground flax seeds with 6 tbsp water and let sit to gel for 5 minutes.
For best results and flavour use a good quality blackstrap molasses.
Don’t overmix the batter. Overmixing can result in a dense and less fluffy muffin
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 240
- Sugar: 12g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: gingerbread muffins recipe, healthy gingerbread recipe
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!