Chai Latte Overnight Oats
Wake up and enjoy some Chai Latte Overnight Oats for a healthy breakfast! This breakfast recipe is easy to make and comes together in 10 minutes.
This recipe is in partnership with Complement.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Easy to make: this overnight oats recipe is so easy to make. You just mix everything together in a bowl and place it in the fridge overnight. It only takes about 10 minutes to prepare.
- Packed with protein: each serving of these overnight oats has 22 grams of protein for a filling breakfast.
- Healthy breakfast: overnight oats make a great healthy option for breakfast that is packed with whole grains, fibre and protein.
Overnight oats with protein powder
There’s no better way to start the day than with a delicious cup of overnight oats! And this recipe for Chai Latte Overnight Oats is perfect for the Fall and Winter seasons.
Not only are these oats made with cozy and warming spices like cinnamon and nutmeg, but they’re also made with Complement Organic Protein Powder to give the oats a boost of protein!
Complement Organic Protein Powder is a completely plant-based protein powder made from almond, pumpkin seed, chia seed, sunflower seed and yellow pea protein. It’s easy to digest and has no chalky taste, making it the perfect protein powder to use in this overnight oats recipe!
Chai Latte Overnight Oats ingredients
- Oats: this is of course the key ingredient to make overnight oats! I prefer to make overnight oats with rolled oats (also called large flake oats) but quick oats will work too.
- Chia seeds: not only are these packed with nutrients, but they also help to thicken the overnight oats.
- Complement Organic Protein Powder: this protein powder is made with 5 real food proteins and nothing else. (nothing artificial here!) It’s organic, easily digestible and tastes great in the overnight oats.
- Spices: A combination of cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg and cloves to create a delicious chai flavour.
- Yogurt: I like to use Greek yogurt but you can use any type of yogurt, including dairy-free yogurt.
- Vanilla: just a hint of vanilla extract to help flavour the overnight oats
- Maples syrup: to sweeten the oats. You can also use honey, agave nectar or brown sugar.
- Almond milk: or any type of milk you like. (Plant-based or dairy both work.)
How to make Chai Latte Overnight Oats
Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Pour the almond milk into the bowl and mix it together.
Once all the ingredients are combined, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight for the oats to set.
There are so many different ways you can top these Chai Latte Overnight Oats! You can try and toppings you love. Here are some ideas:
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate Chips
- Maple syrup
How to store
Overnight oats can be stored in a sealed container or in a jar in the fridge for up to 5 days. If you like to take your overnight oats on the go, store each serving in a mason jar so you just grab it in the morning to take with you!
Expert tips for making overnight oats
- Use rolled oats for a chewy texture. This is my favourite texture for overnight oats. Quick oats will give a softer texture.
- Don’t use steel-cut oats. You can’t use steel-cut oats to make overnight oats! They won’t turn out properly.
- Add up to 1/4 cup of protein powder per serving. If you want some extra protein, you can add up to 1/4 cup of protein powder per serving (or 1/2 cup per entire recipe.)
- Prepare these oats on meal prep day. These oats will last up to 5 days in the fridge so you can prepare them at the beginning of the week for easy breakfasts!
More overnight oats to try
- Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
- Apple Overnight Oats
- Coffee Overnight Oats
- Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- Blueberry Overnight Oats
If you tried these Chai Latte Overnight Oats or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
These Chai Latte Overnight Oats are healthy and packed with chai flavour!
- Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl or to a large jar and mix together to combine.
- Cover the bowl and place it in the fridge to set it overnight.
- Remove the overnight oats in the morning and enjoy them as is or with your favourite toppings!
Store in the fridge in a sealed jar or container for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1/2 the recipe
- Calories: 370
- Sugar: 9g
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Fiber: 7.5g
- Protein: 22g
Keywords: overnight oats recipe, healthy overnight oats, chai overnight oats