Get ready for the holiday season with this adaptogenic gingerbread latte! It’s loaded with festive gingerbread flavor, and adaptogenic superfoods to keep your energy high!
November is shortly coming to an end and December is just around the corner.
Which means one thing…it’s the most festive time of the year!
Whatever holidays you celebrate, there are some things that just feel necessary to enjoy when December rolls in. One of them happens to be anything and all things gingerbread!
I’m currently traveling in the Maldives, (which I’ll touch upon in a blog post soon!) so I prepared this recipe before I left on my trip. I knew I would be away the beginning of December but wanted to make sure I at least had one gingerbread recipe to post while I’m away!
One thing I’ve really been enjoying recently is different types of warm drinks and lattes.
I know that pumpkin spice latte season is just about to come to an end, (sorry PSL lovers!) but that just means it’s time to make room for a new flavored latte!
This adaptogenic gingerbread latte is like a hug in a mug that will leave you feeling warm and fuzzy inside. It’s a great choice for coffee lovers (like myself) who want to make their coffee a little more festive!
It’s also made healthier by featuring some adaptogenic superfoods to leave you feeling your best. Maca is incredible for your energy levels and relieving headaches or tension, while reishi helps with inflammation and fatigue.
You can, of course, add any adaptogens you like to this recipe, or just leave them out entirely if you prefer to just stick with a regular gingerbread latte (which is also healthy and delicious!)Print
This adaptogenic gingerbread latte will be your go-to pick me up!
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp maca powder (optional)
- 1/4 tsp reishi powder (optional)
- 1 cup coffee (or double shot espresso)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or other nut milk)
- Cinnamon for topping
- Mix together the molasses, maple syrup, water, ground ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, maca, and reishi until combined.
- Pour 1/2 cup coffee into a cup along with 1/2 of the gingerbread mixture.
- Using a frother, froth the almond milk until creamy, and pour ontop the coffee mixture. (you can alternatively just heat the almond milk in a pot if you do not have a frother.)
- Top with cinnamon and enjoy with your favorite gingerbread cookies!
- Serving Size: 1 latte
- Calories: 204
- Sugar: 13g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: adaptogenic gingerbread latte, healthy latte recipe
Tips & suggestions:
- I use homemade almond milk for this recipe but you can use any milk you like!
- Serve these with your favorite holiday cookies
- Love this adaptogenic gingerbread latte? Try this caramel Maca Latte or this hibiscus rose latte!