Adaptogenic Gingerbread Latte
Get ready for the holiday season with this adaptogenic gingerbread latte! It’s loaded with festive gingerbread flavor, and adaptogenic superfoods to keep your energy high!
I know that Pumpkin Spice Latte season is just about to come to an end, (sorry PSL lovers!) but that just means it’s time to make room for a new flavored latte!
With all of the cold weather hitting us quickly, one of my favourite things lately have been different types of warm drinks and lattes. And with the most festive time of the year comes any and all things gingerbread!
This adaptogenic gingerbread latte is like a hug in a mug that will leave you feeling warm and fuzzy inside. It’s a great choice for coffee lovers (like myself) who want to make their coffee a little more festive!
It’s also made healthier by featuring some adaptogenic superfoods to leave you feeling your best. Maca is incredible for your energy levels and relieving headaches or tension, while reishi helps with inflammation and fatigue.
Tips & suggestions:
- I use homemade almond milk for this recipe but you can use any milk you like!
- Serve these with your favorite holiday cookies
- Love this adaptogenic gingerbread latte? Try this caramel Maca Latte or this hibiscus rose latte!
- You can, of course, add any adaptogens you like to this recipe, or just leave them out entirely if you prefer to just stick with a regular gingerbread latte (which is also healthy and delicious!)
More latte recipes to try
If you tried this Adaptogenic Gingerbread Latte or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
Adaptogenic Gingerbread Latte
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Drink/Snack
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: American
This Adaptogenic Gingerbread Latte will be your go-to pick me up!
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp maca powder (optional)
- 1/4 tsp reishi powder (optional)
- 1 cup coffee (or double shot espresso)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or other nut milk)
- Cinnamon for topping
- Mix together the molasses, maple syrup, water, ground ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, maca, and reishi until combined.
- Pour 1/2 cup coffee into a cup along with 1/2 of the gingerbread mixture.
- Using a frother, froth the almond milk until creamy, and pour ontop the coffee mixture. (you can alternatively just heat the almond milk in a pot if you do not have a frother.)
- Top with cinnamon and enjoy with your favorite gingerbread cookies!
- Serving Size: 1 latte
- Calories: 204
- Sugar: 13g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: adaptogenic gingerbread latte, healthy latte recipe
I’ve been trying to incorporate more adaptogens into my diet (usually in my morning smoothie) but why not a gingerbread latte!? Love it!! Those little gingerbread men are WAY too cute btw.
Thanks so much Lucy! I have another adaptogenic drink recipe coming to the blog soon so stay tuned for that!
I love everything about this so so much, but damn those little tiny gingerbread men are the cutest thing I’ve seen all…YEAR <33 This sounds beyond delicious, watch out hot chocolate!
These look and sound so good!! I do have a question. What is maca and reishi? I’d love to have you share at our what’s for dinner party! http://www.lazygastronome.com/whats-dinner-sunday-link-party-124/
Hi Helen! Thank you! It’s really delicious and has an extra “boost” of superfoods! Here are some resources where you can learn more about these adaptogenic superfoods: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lingzhi_mushroom , http://www.vegkitchen.com/nutrition/maca-root/
What a healthy and delicious holiday recipe! Love the sound of a gingerbread latte right now. And the photo of you in a robe is so cozy and cute!
Hi Nisha! Thank you so much! I’m always in love with gingerbread everything for the holiday season! Nothing like a cozy hygge sweater with a latte 🙂
This is so gorgeous Jess!! I love that you’re using adaptogens!!! Baby girl, I am just so damn proud of you!
Thank you! They’re so easy to just add in to any recipe and give you that extra boost! 😀
I love this!! Beautiful presentation and I love how it’s better for you!!!
Thank you so much! It’s such a yummy way to enjoy a morning coffee!
Now that it’s really officially DEFINITELY the holiday season, I’d like to dive into a swimming pool filled with gingerbread latte and surrounded by cookies. This looks AMAZING!
I completely agree Karly! I could have gingerbread everthing!