Enjoy this hibiscus rose latte on a cold day to warm your soul. Filled with hibiscus tea, rose, and almond milk, this healthy latte will be your new favourite!
Have you noticed all the different types of lattes that have been trending lately?
First there was matcha lattes, turmeric lattes, and even activated charcoal lattes! I’ve seen way more different types too. In fact there’s probably enough different types of lattes these days to create an entire rainbow of lattes.
I actually used to never be a huge latte drinker, I always just drank my coffee black and my tea plain. (I know, I’m boring.) This was mainly because I don’t drink milk, and there used to be virtually no non-dairy milk options when it came to lattes! Now with more trends in plant-based milks, it’s become easier to find. (Though I still have some trouble finding sugar-free options at most cafes…)
My very first latte I ever had was actually this past year. Crazy right?
Wanna know what’s even crazier? It was in Chiang Mai, Thailand of all places! Chiang Mai is well known for their coffee beans, and recently they’ve developed a really large vegan and vegetarian culture. I’ve had some amazing food in Chiang Mai, but one of the most memorable was this almond milk latte made with local coffee beans. Man was it good!
I was so happy to finally find a place that made lattes with almond milk, it was honestly life changing!
This hibiscus rose latte is a lighter alternative to a latte with coffee, and made dairy-free with almond milk. (Duh.) It also has a hint of rose flavour which gives a really light floral taste, though you can always leave out the rose if you like!)
I love to enjoy this recipe in the afternoon with some of my grain-free orange-cardamom cookies!
This vegan latte is a colorful, healthy and delicious alternative to try for your next slow morning in!
- Add the water, rose water, and ginger to a small pot. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add the hibiscus tea bags. Let sit and steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cube of ginger and tea bags and pour into your mug.
- Slowly add the steamed almond milk to your mug.
- Sweeten with a little bit of maple syrup or agave.
- top with edible rose petals if you like! (optional but pretty!)
- Serving Size: 1 latte
- Calories: 82
- Sugar: 15g
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: vegan latte, Hibiscus rose latte, vegan coffee
Tips & suggestions:
- I used an aeroccino to froth, but another great option is an aerolatte! (just warm your milk before!)
- Try adding some cinnamon or cardamom spices to the tea if you like!
- If you love this hibiscus rose latte be sure to check out my frozen golden milk latte!
This post contains affiliate links. I only recommend products I know, trust and love!