Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte
This Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte is made with five simple ingredients and comes together in just 5 minutes! This latte is made with warming Fall spices and is perfect for a cozy morning or afternoon when you need a little pick me up and is better than Starbucks!
One of my favourite things about Fall is being able to enjoy all the delicious Fall drinks from Chai Lattes to Golden Milk Lattes to Hibiscus Rose Lattes!
But buying lattes in stores or shops (like Starbucks) is not only expensive but can be filled with tons of added sugars and artificial flavouring. This recipe for a homemade Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte is sweetened naturally with maple syrup, has real pumpkin puree in it and is made dairy-free with oat milk.
Why you’ll love this pumpkin spice latte
- This pumpkin spice latte is made entirely dairy-free by using oat milk. You can also substitute oat milk for any plant-based milk you love!
- This recipe comes together in just 5 minutes and is so easy to make at home so there’s no need to go buy one at an expensive coffee shop.
- It makes the perfect special treat that is filled with warming Fall spices.
What does a pumpkin spice latte taste like?
For starters, it does taste like a latte since it’s made from a base of espresso and plant-based milk.
A pumpkin spice latte is slightly thicker and creamier than a regular latte since it has pumpkin puree added to it, and it is filled with warming spices like cinnamon, nutmeg ginger and cloves.
This vegan pumpkin spice latte is easy to make and only has five ingredients. You can play around with these ingredients and adjust any to your personal taste.
- Espresso: If you don’t have an espresso machine, you can substitut thiw with 1/2 cup strongly brewed coffee. You want to the coffee to be realtively strong since it will be diluted with the oat milk and other ingredients.
- Pumpkin puree: you can make this fresh by pureeing cooked pumpking (or even butternut squash) or you can buy canned pumpkin.
- Pumpkin pie spice: you can buy a pre-made pumpkin pie spice mix or make your own at home.
- Maple syrup: just a hint to sweeten the latte. You can also use agave or sugar if you prefer.
- Oat milk: I love using oat milk in lattes becuase it is rich and creamy. I highly recommend using oat milk as opposed to almond milk for this recipe for best results.
How to make a pumpkin spice latte
There are a few different ways you can make this pumpkin spice latte. My preference is to mix all the ingredients together in a small pot on the stove and then add the oat milk from a frother.
Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender like a Vitamix on the heating mode and blend until warm and frothy.
Add all the ingredients to a small pot on the stove and whisk together until smooth
Frother method: (If you have a milk frother)
Mix the espresso, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice and maple syrup together in a small pot or directly in your cup. Add the milk to a frother and froth, then pour the milk into your cup with the espresso mixture.
Make it iced:
Prepare the latte in a blender or on the stovetop. Then fill a large glass with icecubes and pour the latte into the glass.
Tips for making this recipe perfectly
- For best results use oat milk. This will give you a creamy latte. Some other milks like almond milk tend to be more watery.
- Some brands of plant-based milk foams better than others. Oat milk tends to foam very well over all. For best results buy an oatmilk that says “barista blend” on it, which will garuntee that it is made for making lattes. If using another type of milk like almond milk or coconut milk you can also check that it says “barista on it”
- Make sure to use pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling in this recipe. Pumpkin Puree will say “pure pumpkin” on the label.
- Drink immediately. Enjoy this latte right away while it’s still hot.
More pumpkin spice recipes to try
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Donuts
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Chia Pudding
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls
- Pumpkin Spice Granola
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Donuts
If you tried this Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 latte 1x
- Category: drink
- Method: mix
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
A Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte that comes together in just 5 minutes for a delicious Fall drink!
- 2 shots espresso (or 4 if you like it strong)
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 cup oat milk
- Mix all the ingredients together in a small pot on the stove until heated or in a high-speed blender like a vitamix on soup-mode so it heats.
- If you have a frother, mix all the ingredients except the oat milk together then froth the oat milk until heated. Add the milk to a cup with the rest of the ingredients.
I use this frother for this recipe.
You can use any type of plant-based milk you like in this recipe. Oat milk tends to froth the best.
Make sure to use pure pumpkin in this recipe, not pumpkin pie filling.
To make this more like Starbucks, add your favourite vegan whipped topping on top.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 120
- Sugar: 5g
- Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: dairy-free pumpkin spice latte, homemade pumpkin spice latte recipe, Starbucks pumpkin spice latte
I tried copying the recipe but the pumpkin spice didn’t mix well and was floating, how to fix that issue? I used the stovetop method.
Hi Anureet, I’m sorry you had trouble getting your spices to mix in! You need to make sure to continue whisking the ingredients together (and whisk fast) until everything is combined. If you have a hand-held frother, you can also use that instead if you prefer.
Great way to usher in the Holidays! Loved it. Keep those recipes coming.
Thanks Mark! Happy you enjoyed!
Great one!! It was so easy to make and I got to enjoy it while I stole a few quiet moments away for myself!
Thanks Melissa! 🙂
This recipe looks yummy. Though I was thinking to try this out tomorrow morning. However, I don’t have coffee powder. Can I use Nespresso coffee pods in the place of coffee powder? Waiting for your suggestion.
Hi Michelle, absolutely! Nespresso coffee pods will work just fine in this recipe 🙂
Oh my goodness, these are too cute, Jess! I absolutely adore the spices on top- I personally think homemade is the way to go 🙂 Just tastes so much better!
Thanks so much Britt! Nothing better in the Fall!