These vegan pumpkin spice donuts and moist, fluffy and with filled with pumpkin spice! Bake up a batch for breakfast, a snack or dessert!
Brace yourselves: pumpkin spice season is coming.
Kidding…pumpkin spice season is actually HERE. We’re in it for the long haul my friends!
So may I introduce to you the first of many pumpkin spice/pumpkin/fall vibes goodies that will be coming to the blog this month. We’re kicking things off with vegan pumpkin spice donuts. And let me tell you, these DO NOT disappoint!
They’re light, fluffy and perfectly soft in every bite. You see those little air bubbles in that bite? THAT’S how you know you’ve got yourself a perfect donut.
I’m feeling a super love for Fall this season, which to be honest I don’t always feel. Most years, I’m too focused on being sad that summer is over and then I blink and BAM its winter. But this year, I’m ALL IN for Fall! The leaves, the activities, the food… (ahhh the food!!!) I’m taking it all in.
And part of taking it all in means embracing
A few notes on this recipe:
Ok. So flour. Regular, spelt, gluten-free blends, whole-grain…they’ll all do the trick! If using whole wheat flour, go for 1 3/4 cup instead of 2 cups since it is denser than regular flour.
You can use coconut sugar as the sweeter for this recipe instead of regular sugar. This will alter the taste a bit to that slightly more caramely coconut sugar signature flavour.
If you don’t happen to have a pumpkin spice blend on hand DON’T PANIC. I’ve got you;) You can make a homemade pumpkin spice blend with spices you probably already have in your pantry. And if you’re still really stuck for spices, just go for
These vegan pumpkin spice donuts are:
- loaded with pumpkin puree AND pumpkin spice (double pumpkin, double win!)
- soft and fluffy
- make a perfect snack and are acceptable for breakfast (yes. breakfast.)
These donuts are the BEST enjoyed the day you make them but stay well up to 3 days in an air tight container. In my home, they only last about a day.Print
Seriously the BEST donuts ever. Light, fluffy and loaded with pumpkin spice flavour
- 2 cups flour (I use spelt, but regular, gluten-free blend also work)
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Cinnamon sugar Coating:
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- coconut oil spray (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and spray a donut pan with cooking spray.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin spice together in a bowl.
- Mix the almond milk and apple cider vinegar together and let sit for 5 minutes to turn into “buttermilk”
- Then add the coconut oil, pumpkin puree and vanilla extract to the almond milk mixture and mix until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Using a piping bag, pipe the dough into the donut moulds filling 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- To coat, mix the sugar and cinnamon together in a ziplock bag. While the donuts are still warm, place each donut in the bag and shake so the coating sticks. (You can alternatively let the donuts cool, then spray with an oil spray and coat.
I use this donut pan to make this recipe!
The cinnamon sugar should stick to the donuts if they are still warm. If you let your donuts cool completely, you’ll need to spray them/or dip them in some oil so the coating will stick.
The donut batter should be quite thick if your batter is too try (*can vary if you use a different type of flour) just add a bit more almond milk.
If you don’t have pumpkin spice, you can make your own like this!
If using gluten-free flour, make sure to add 1/2 tsp xantham gum to the mix.
- Serving Size: 1 donut
- Calories: 218
- Sugar: 21g
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: vegan donut recipes, pumpkin spice recipes, vegan desset, pumpkin spice donut
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!