Chocolate pumpkin butter cups
These chocolate pumpkin butter cups make a healthy fall treat filled with warming spices, pumpkin puree and nut butter!
May I present to you *drumroll please*…
Chocolate pumpkin butter cups! The second recipe in our October pumpkin special. We kicked things off this month with some vegan pumpkin spice donuts, so naturally the next pumpkin recipe to move onto would be something that includes chocolate, right? RIGHT!
Because Halloween is coming up and I’m all about that chocolate life.
Really though, I don’t think it would be fair to the world to let October pass by and not include a delicious chocolatey treat recipe on the blog. After all, Halloween has always been my FAVOURITE holiday since my very first time I went trick-or-treating at 2 years old. (Story has it, I banged at the door after coming home from trick-or-treating yelling MORE CANDY MORE CANDYYY!!! What can I say, I’ve got it bad for Halloween.) I mean, a holiday where people give you candy? Could anything ever really top that? (No. The answer is no.)
And although I may not indulge in as much candy as I used to when I was younger, I still most definitely have a sweet tooth and probably haven’t gone a day without having some sort of sweet treat, which is generally something along the lines of a chunk of chocolate bark or a chocolate energy ball.
But for Fall, I’m going a little more festive. These little chocolate pumpkin butter cups are also perfect to bring to a Halloween party, or even just as a dessert for a Fall dinner party. They make the perfect little individual bite-sized treat! Plus since they’re mini that means you can just go right ahead and eat like 10 of them in one shot.
A few notes on the recipe:
So for these chocolate pumpkin butter
For the filling, I recommend using cashew butter or almond butter. I’ve tested these with peanut butter
I use a mini muffin pan for these, but you can also make jumbo-sized chocolate pumpkin butter cups and make them in a regular sized muffin pan.
These chocolate pumpkin butter cups are:
- Naturally vegan & gluten-free
- Made with good for you healthy ingredients (thank you dark chocolate!)
- filled with fall flavours! (pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin)
These chocolate cups are loaded with pumpkin flavour for a delicious treat that’s perfect for Fall!
- Line a mini muffin pan with paper liners and set aside
- Melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil in a pot using the double broiler method-or in a microwave.
- Once melted, spoon some chocolate until the muffin pan about 1/3 of the way full.
- Place the pan in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
- Mix the cashew butter, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice and maple syrup together in a bowl.
- Spoon 1 tsp of the mixture into each chocolate cup.
- Spoon the rest of the chocolate on top until the cups are almost full and place in the freezer until firm.
Store these in an air-tight container on your counter
Top with a sprinkle of sea salt or cinnamon for a little extra flavour pop!
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 217
- Sugar: 3g
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: fall dessert recipe, healthy halloween recipe, vegan halloween treats
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!