Looking for the perfect holiday breakfast or brunch? These Gingerbread Pancakes are it! They’re light, fluffy and loaded with Gingerbread flavour. Top them off with some maple syrup or a dusting of powdered sugar.
The perfect holiday pancake recipe
There’s nothing better than enjoying a batch of pancakes on the weekend. On regular weekends, I like to whip up a batch of almond flour pancakes or my fluffy vegan pancakes. But during the holiday season, I love incorporating seasonal flavours like gingerbread into my pancakes!
These Gingerbread Pancakes are super light and fluffy and taste just like a delicious gingerbread cake for breakfast. They’re made with whole-grain spelt flour to keep them on the healthier side, but can also be made with regular flour or a 1-1 gluten-free flour blend if that’s what you prefer.
These pancakes are great to serve up if you have a holiday brunch, or can even be frozen to enjoy anytime you love.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- These pancakes are easy to make and can be whipped up in just 15 minutes!
- They’re made with whole-grain flour to keep them on the healthier side and give them a boost of fibre.
- They are the perfect pancakes to serve up for a holiday breakfast or brunch and are delicious topped with maple syrup or a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
How to make Gingerbread Pancakes
Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl, making sure there are no clumps in the flour.
Mix the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together gently until combined. Don’t overmix the batter.
Heat a skillet on medium-high heat with some butter or oil in the pan and pour a large spoonful of the batter into the pan. Wait until some small bubbles start to form, then flip and cook for 1 minute on the second side.
Serve immediately and top with maple syrup, powdered sugar, berries, yogurt or whatever you love!
Tips for making this recipe perfectly
- Use good quality molasses for the best flavour. I like good blackstrap molasses for these pancakes!
- Don’t overmix the batter. Overmixing will cause your pancakes to be flat rather than light and fluffy.
- Don’t forget to preheat your pan before adding the pancakes batter! This will help the pancakes cook evenly.
More gingerbread recipes to try
These Gingerbread Pancakes are perfect to enjoy for your holiday breakfast or brunch!
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl until combined.
- Mix the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Heat a large non-stick pan with the butter or coconut oil then 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan, cooking for 1-2 minutes on one side then flipping and cooking 1 mintue on the second side. Repeat with all the batter.
- Serve with maple syrup or whatever toppings you love.
Use good quality molasses for the best flavour. I like good blackstrap molasses for these pancakes! Don’t overmix the batter. Overmixing will cause your pancakes to be flat rather than light and fluffy. Don’t forget to preheat your pan before adding the pancakes batter! This will help the pancakes cook evenly.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 300
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 200mg
- Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: pancakes for christmas, holiday brunch recipe, gingerbread pancake recipe
If you tried these Gingerbread Pancakes or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!