These fluffy almond flour pancakes are made with 7 simple ingredients for a light and healthy breakfast that is high in protein, grain-free and Keto friendly!
Let me start this post off by saying I’m a girl who LOVES carbs. Seriously, I’m croissant obsessed, pasta obsessed and I live on top of a bakery. (Ok the last part is by fluke but make no mistake…I’m a regular there.)
Why you’ll love almond flour pancakes
These fluffy almond flour pancakes that are completely grain-free are one of my favourites.
In fact, these almond flour pancakes are even more satisfying than regular pancakes since they’re made with almond flour they are high in protein and keep you feeling fuller, longer.
They also have a delicious nutty flavour from the almonds, and make a great post-workout breakfast!
Keto almond flour pancakes
I’ve never actually done the Keto diet before, but it’s become wildly popular. Basically, the Keto diet is a very low-carb and high-fat diet that can help you lose weight quickly. (And specifically, burn body fat.)
While I don’t personally follow a Keto diet, I know many people who have had great success with it to help them lose weight, burn body fat or even just feel more energetic and focused.
These fluffy almond flour pancakes can be enjoyed whether your a carbaholic (hi!) or on a low-carb eating plan.
How to make almond flour pancakes:
Almond flour pancakes are super easy to make.
- Start by mixing the wet ingredients together in a bowl, and the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Next, pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix just until combined.
- The batter should resemble that of regular pancake batter, and be runny enough to pour a large spoonful into your pan.
- Cook the pancakes on medium heat, and be patient to let the pancakes cook enough on each side. When you start to see little bubbles forming on top of the pancakes, that’s when you know it’s time to flip them.
Tips for making this recipe perfectly
- These fluffy almond flour pancakes are super delicious plain but can be made with additional add-ins like blueberries or chocolate chips. Add in whatever your heart desires!
- It’s important to make sure to use almond flour NOT almond meal for these pancakes. Almond flour is much more finely ground which is important to get light and fluffy pancakes.
- Don’t cook these pancakes on too high of a heat. They can burn a bit more easily than pancakes made with regular flour, so cooking them on medium-heat works best!
- Almond flour naturally has a bit more of a grainy texture than wheat flour, so you can expect these pancakes to have a little bit of graininess to them. (Think sort of like a cornbread texture.)
More pancake recipes to try:
If you tried these fluffy almond flour pancakes or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!
These almond flour pancakes are light and fluffy and all around delicious! They’re naturally grain-free, gluten-free and keto friendly.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Heat some oil in a large skillet on medium heat and pour a ladle of the batter into the pan. Let cook for about 2-3 minutes until little bubbles start to form on top, then flip and let cook for another minute.
- Serve with your favourite toppings like blueberries, yogurt or maple syrup!
Add any mix-ins you like such as chocolate chips or blueberries.
Store any leftovers in the fridge and heat up in a pan or toaster oven when you want to enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 242
- Sugar: 1.4g
- Sodium: 320mg
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 9.5g
Keywords: almond pancakes, keto pancakes, gluten-free pancakes
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!