These healthy gingerbread muffins are perfect for breakfast or a tasty snack!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl and the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl
- Pour your dry ingredients into the wet, adding one third of the flour mixture at a time, and mixing until combined.
- Fill eat muffin tin 2/3rds to 3/4 of the way full with your batter (don’t fill it more, or the muffins willl overflow.)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
To make flax eggs, mix 2 tbsp ground flax seeds with 6 tbsp water and let sit to gel for 5 minutes.
For best results and flavour use a good quality blackstrap molasses.
Don’t overmix the batter. Overmixing can result in a dense and less fluffy muffin
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 240
- Sugar: 12g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: gingerbread muffins recipe, healthy gingerbread recipe