These 3 veggie-packed smoothies for beginners are healthy, easy to make, and have “hidden” veggies in them!
If there’s one thing I love to have for breakfast in the morning, it’s a healthy smoothie recipe.
These are 3 of my favourite go-to breakfast smoothies that all have “hidden” veggies in them so you can benefit from getting an extra serving of veggies in first thing in the morning!
Three vegetable smoothie recipes
One of my nutrition goals is to make sure to fuel my body with nutritiously dense foods.
One of my favorite ways to get in some quick, easy, and healthy nutrition is with smoothies! I know adding vegetables to smoothies can still be a little “taboo” for some, so I wanted to create 3 veggie-packed smoothie recipes for beginners.
First of all, I promise you can’t taste the veggies, and you won’t even know that they’re there.
Why add veggies to smoothies?
- It’s an easy way to get in an extra serving of veggies for your daily intake
- Adding more veggies means adding less fruit-keeping your smoothie low in sugar (therefore, lower glycemic too!)
- Veggies are densely nutritious and great to consume for overall health
I encourage everyone to set a goal for 2018 to try and add some more veggies to your diet! (and smoothies!)
Now let’s move on to the other ingredients in these smoothies.
I always like to add some sort of “superfood” to my smoothies to make them as nutritious as possible.
Some of my favorite add-ins are:
- Chia seeds
- Hemp hearts
- Flax seeds
- Maca powder
- Turmeric (fresh or ground)
- Ginger (fresh or ground)
- Plant-based protein powder
There are of course many other add-ins that I love, but these are my “go-to’s.”
What I love about smoothies so much is you can add in so many nutritious ingredients to blend up and you have a quick and easy meal that is loaded with vitamins, nutrients and will leave you feeling amazing.
The secret to a perfect superfood smoothie is:
- A serving of veggies (spinach, kale, cauliflower, zucchini, and carrot, are good options)
- A serving of some type of fruit (frozen fruit is ideal for a thicker texture)
- 1-2 servings of extra add-ins
- liquid (plant-based milk, coconut water, fresh juice)
And that’s about it! Pretty simple right?
Let’s get blending with these 3 veggie-packed smoothies for beginners!
Learn how to make these 3 basic but delicious smoothies packed with hidden veggies!
berry ginger zing smoothie
- 1/2 cup raspberries (frozen)
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup cauliflower (*steamed for easier digestion)
- 1 1-inch cube ginger
- 1 cup nut milk (I use almond milk)
Daily greens smoothie
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/2 banana (frozen)
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 cup nut milk (I use almond)
Nutty banana smoothie
- For each smoothie, add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Drink right away and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 366
- Sugar: 21g
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: smoothie recipe with frozen fruit, healthy breakfast smoothie recipe, green smoothie for weight loss
Tips & suggestions:
- Keep bananas, berries, and some veggies in your freezer to have on hand for smoothies all the time!
- If using fresh fruit, you may want to reduce the liquid content or add ice for a thicker texture
- Add-in any of your favorite superfoods to any of these smoothies!
- If you love these 3 veggie-packed smoothies for beginners you’ll also love my favorite green smoothie recipe!
This post contains affiliate links. I only recommend products I know, trust and love!